Travelocity
StayForLong
CheapTickets
Trip.com
1,272 results
All reviews bella vista special entrance hotel guests mira costa tokyo disneysea superior room patio room disney fan high quality service regular park nice perk early park entry we've stayed early access check in process beautiful room park view
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at the Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta with my 11 years old daughter and my mum for 1 night. We have been to Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea many times but it was the first time to stay there. Hotel Miracosta is right inside Disneysea so you have access to the park directly from the hotel without going through the main gate which you can avoid the queue to get in. We stayed there mid week just after the spring break had finished in Japan so it was supposedly a quiet week but the hotel was full. The hotel is impressive but not really up to standard. Maybe we were expecting more as the all the reviews were really good. Dinner was good - although it was a buffet, the quality was good. We have ordered a bottle of wine VERY expensive (it was only a Pinot). It took ages for the wine to arrive, and by the time it did, we already finished our first plate of food. The waitress took a long time to open the wine - I suppose people do not order wine there, as a lot of them probably go back into the park for the evening so they are not used to getting wine ordered maybe.. When we finished our meal and went up to the cashier to pay, again, the staff was very not up to standard. Our bill did end up quite expensive with the wine etc, and instead of politely and discreetly presenting the bill, she decides to raise her voice and reads out the bill amount so loud! Never had that in a hotel before..
I think the staff are all just following their manual of what to say, act etc. But this is Disney, there will always be lots of people all the time but I don't I will stay there again..

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
9  Thank kaymet
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We are incongruous travelers, enjoying the finer things in life as well as fun 'kidult' activities. We have stayed at the Mira Costa 5 times and have loved it every time.

The language barrier is not a problem - we speak very little Japanese. We travel to Japan often and they are the most helpful and friendly nation of people on earth. They will find someone to help you if you need to speak English.

You are able to enter disneysea by a special entry in the morning if you stay at MiraCosta. You can also use the disneyand entry as well. This is very important as lines in Tokyo Disney can be 4 hours long in peak times - you can get a fast pass early.

The beds are hard be warned, but like most Japanese hotels you get very amenity you could want. The Japanese travel light and expect everything,

If you love Disney, you will love the MiraCosta. We have stayed at the disneyland hotel a few times, but the MiraCosta is the better property in Japan.

This is a VERY popular hotel. You must book 6 months in advance to the day you want or you will most likely be disappointed. Like all great things, it just requires a little planning. Incidentally, go in October and witness patrons to the parks dressing as favorite Disney characters for Halloween. It is phenomenal the amount of effort the Japanese Disney fanatics put in to their costumes and personas.

Room tip: You should try for a Porto paradiso view but they are all good.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Tania_Chris
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Stayed here for the first time almost 8 years ago. From the moment we entered the hotel, we were in awe. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly and there was always "service with a smile" and a polite bow.

At first, we were a bit worried about the language barrier, but were soon put at ease by the fact that not only was our front desk cast member fluent in english, but the girl that helped us with our bags knew english as well.

The rooms were spacious, comfortable, and had fun Disney touches hidden in everything from the bedding, to the wallpapers and bathroom doors. As the theme of the hotel was an italian seaport kind of thing, there was a pinocchio theme going on in the with the wallpapers, and decor.

We were given complimentary resort monorail passes for use during our stay and early entry into the parks. We loved having our own entrance into Tokyo Disney Sea and how easy it was to hop on the monorail at the park to go to Disneyland or to the shopping area.

It was so much fun, the staff was so friendly and helpful, that we've since told our friends and family about this hotel. It is a MUST when going to the Tokyo Disney Resort. Since our first stay, we've been back at least 4 times, and almost always to the Miracosta. We have become addicted to this fabulous hotel for it's charm, friendly cast, and more than comfortable accomodations.

So if you're going to Tokyo Disney.. You gotta stay here.. absolutely must!

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Wembley808
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel is my family's favorite in all Disney!! The hotel is very clean, excellent in maintaining and the staff are always courteous. We have stayed in this hotel every year since it opened and we will continue to come back again! The breakfast buffet is delious and the down below the elevator, there is Tokyo Disney Sea park!!

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank AlohaGiselle
Reviewed August 4, 2011

First, I begin with these sentence
This is an Italian theme hotel and the decoration is acceptable. Some people compare this Hotel to another Italian Hotel and please this is a Disney Hotel and we are in Tokyo, not in Italy. Finding a luxury hotel with the decoration like this is not EASY in a modern city like Tokyo.
I booked this hotel via the phone because I needed a King bed. And booking via telephone will offer u more room categories than on the Internet. They had good English speaker but sometime it's not easy to understand.
Booking at Miracosta is quite easy than I thought. The difficult thing is the line usually get busy. After someone hear your call, this will be fine. U should check the room categories on the website first, so it will be easy for u to talk via the phone. When u give all your information, they will give you a booking number. THAT'S ALL. U don't need to guarantee your credit card. That's all, just come to the hotel.
I arrived at Tokyo at 6am and came to Miracosta at 8am. This is my last time and I wont arrive at this time anymore. The Hotel only allow you to receive the room after 3:00pm, not 2:59pm. When I arrived, there was only 1 people can speak English, but most of them could listen to English and they could answer you by body language. They told me there was 2 option:
First: U check in now and I will give u the room key and it will work at 4:30
Or, Second: Comeback at the front desk at 2:45pm an check in, then go to your room.
So I choose the second option.
I stayed there 2 nights from 18 July.
The one thing that I mostly disappointed is that they reduce the lights and air-con for saving electricity. I know that Tokyo is lake of electricity now. BUT this is a 5 stars Hotel. I don't want to see guests sit on the lobby with a fan on each. The lobby is small and the ceiling is high. It creates a feeling that I cant breath, plus with no air-conditioning. They kept warm at all shops and some restaurants. Inside the attractions, it was better but it was still hot. Only in the fine dining restaurants, they run the air normally. After 2 days, I moved to Sheraton Grande and they run the air-conditioning like I in the fridge. That why I got angry hehe ^^
I enjoy the park (TDS) from its opening time until 2:45pm Haha.... It looked like I just went to swimming. All sweat.... So no photos on that day, only lanscape. Anyway, Tokyo DisneySea is so beautiful and wonderful. I can't ask for anything better. It's awesome.
After received the room, it seemed bigger than i thought, and also look nicer than I though, because some photos I saw in Tripadvisor that they usually use Flash so it did not bring the true color.
My room was located on Venice side, but near the pool. I did not hear any park music from this room because it located on the highest floor and near the pool. I didn't like it. But it is the best choice for people who don't want to be erupted by the park music.
The service is OK, they don't have fruit in room.... HKDL Hotel does have.
Finally, I have some photos and hope that u guys who want to stay at this Hotel can take a look at this. ^^

Date of stay: July 2011