“Loved Chef Mickey!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

I was devastated when I tried to book on the designated start of month day for my visit on the last day of the month, and was told it was already sold out! Was really unhappy as this was to be a special treat for us as I had heard it is hard to get a photo with Minnie and Mickey at the parks. So we had actually no intention to go on that day, so was dressed in daggy travelling clothes but the Maihama station is not far from the Ambassador hotel where Chef Mickey restaurant is. We decided to try our luck for a ‘walk in’ booking. When we arrived the staff looked a bit harrassed by the fact we hadn’t booked but one particular lovely server said ‘leave it with me’ and within 10 minutes we were seated at our own table and ready to eat from the buffet. The food was actually delicious, good quality hotel food with beautiful desserts to boot. We were advised of the time that the Disney guests would visit our table and died enough, like clockwork, Daisy, Donald, Mickey and my favourite, Minnie were all visiting and ‘chatting’ with us. Even though we didn’t have kids, they generously visited with us and we could take as many photos and selfies as we wanted. Each character had a minder and that person takes the photos and I had to ask permission to take a selfie. Overall the experience was awesome! I was so glad we took a chance, despite being crappily dressed for the photos. I’m sorry I didn’t get her name (something like Ishini) but she has a beautiful heart and made two women very happy! Thank you. PS-the following day we did Disneyland and you could only get a photo with Mickey (very long queues) and same at Disneysea, so if you want photos with the characters, do this! It was ¥5300 per adult and you get 90 minutes to enjoy the experience.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Our grandchildren LOVED this - they were so excited (age 2 and 6). It was fun and to food was good - plenty of choices.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed January 15, 2019 via mobile

The selection of food was the best I have seen at a Disney Buffet. All the Japanese style offerings, seafood beef, veggie. The deserts very good. Not made to rush at all, the characters all come round and are in no hurry, loads of pictures can be taken.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2018

The food, the staff and the whole experience of meeting Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy was AMAZING!! my daughter could not stop smiling!! The characters were super friendly and happy to take as many photos as we could.
The buffet food variety was great as well. Lots of stuff for adults and kids to eat.
This was the best meal I had because of the experience.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank beelai
Reviewed July 15, 2018

If you enjoy character dining experiences, you will love Chef Mickey's. Standard character dining breakfast buffet fare with some more Japanese options.
Worth the price for the character experience and the memories.

Date of visit: December 2017