Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
All reviews chef mickey tick tock convenience store food options food court vacation package water pressure christmas decorations big room japanese standards hotel room airport limousine bus stop amenities parks luggage disney
Selected filters
Reviewed December 22, 2008

We stayed with our 2 children ages 9 & 11 in a triple room for 3 nights. We had originally booked for 6 nights but cut it short as there is not enough to do (3 nights is heaps).

The beds in a triple room are too small for 2 adults or even 2 children. The are just slightly wider than a single bed. Therefore, one of our kids was on the sofa (very uncomfortable).

If you have the choice, go with Miracosta. Disneysea is beautiful and the hotel is much more luxurious. We were able to get a room here on our final night and are really glad we did. All rooms have wonderful views and the location is brilliant.

At the end of a long day, it was really annoying to firstly find the shuttle bus to Ambassador, and then take a 10 minute trip. It really is inconvenient with children. Miracosta is right in Disneysea so is very handy.

The hotel lobby at Ambassador had a really strong cigarette smell when we were there which triggered my sons athsma. The Miracosta however did not smell at all.

No one at Tokyo Disney or hotels speaks English which became really frustrating. And just remember that all shows at Disneyland/Disneysea are in Japanese - so don't bother going to any.

Quality of rooms/decor at the hotel is quite nice though. Restaurants are lovely and its very handy to Ikspiari.

Date of stay: December 2008
4  Thank Katia P
Reviewed October 17, 2008

The Tokyo Disney Ambassador Hotel is Extremely Luxurious. The Quality of the whole hotel is second to none. It is expensive but you do get what you pay for.

Now Rooms in Japan are notoriously small - well not here - they were massive. They had every conceivable amenity you could think of in the room. The bathroom was in 3 sections - the basin in the middle - with the toilet in it's own room to the right and the bath/shower in its own room to the left.

The buffet breakfast was very nice and fresh also - a nice way to start the day.

Getting to the parks they had shuttles all day - plus there is the monorail which is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Overall we had a great stay here - the staff were excellent too.

Date of stay: September 2008
3  Thank roundtheworld4me
Reviewed August 28, 2008

We love this hotel, it was very kid friendly which was a really important factor for us. Disnye characters decorate the hotel, Staff were friendly and always smiling to greet you.

Great service started during check in. We bought our theme park pass easily from the reception. There was also a section at the check in area with mini kid sofas and disney cartoon blasting 24/7 on a large screen TV to keep the kids occupied.

We had a triple room which came with another pull out bed, so four of us had a bed each. It was the best sleep I got in Japan. The beds were super comfi and my 2 yr old did not spend the night trying to kick my eyes out. Room was a good size and had the toilet and bathroom in seperate rooms. The hotel even provided PJs for my kids, the exact size for my 2 yr old and 4 yr old! It was really cute. The hotel also had a selection of disney books for kids, but they were in Japanese so the kids and I could only look at the pictures. The rooms had little souvenirs like cups which you are asked to bring home with you. The lady that cleans up our room will leave a towel fold into the shape of a duck to entertain my kids, and would leave fresh PJs for them every day. It just goes to show how much they enjoy their work.

We ordered room service once and the food was delicious ( I love the food in Japan), the fishcake on our ramen had minnie and mickey printed on it.

One dissappointment was that the hotel was not situated in Disneyland itself, it was a 10 min walk from the themepark, but they have a regular transport service in the form of a very cute retro mickey mouse bus to and fro the hotel and park. Good thing was that the hotel was just next to a fancy mall, so we got access to shopping and food easily. Too bad we were not able to see the fireworks in theme parks from our hotel ( could see a tiny bit). If you manage to book a room in Mira Costa, which is situated right smack in the Disneysea, then you can sit back in the privacy of your room to enjoy the fireworks display.

My biggest complain is that the rooms are extremely difficult to book for the Disneyland hotel. I called many times, but once the lines were busy, I got cut off straight away because I choose the language option as English. Finally, I had to get a Japanese friend to help me book on the phone using Japanese. Oh yes, you have to call internationally to book rooms if you are staying overseas, only people living in Japan can book the rooms through the Tokyo Disneyland website.

All in all, I had a great time in Disneyland and a great time in Japan. Want to go there again very soon.

Date of stay: April 2008
2  Thank cloudtree
Reviewed August 20, 2008

How could you expect more from this hotel. The staff (okay we can call them Cast Members) are so friendly and helpful. The overall theme was so nice. Rooms were clean and housekeepers were great. It is close to perfect - just a little picky - it is a long walk to the monorail station (if you are visiting Disneyland), however, the hotel also offers free shuttle to the theme parks!

Date of stay: August 2005
2  Thank biggroofy
Reviewed February 28, 2008

We stayed 2 nights in Ambassador Feb 2008. We had two connecting superior rooms in standard floor.

The decor all around the hotel is absolutely fantastic, little (and bigger) Disney touches here and there. Especially lobby area is great.

Service is top-notch, starting from front desk, they did everything they could so that our stay would be memorable.

Rooms are clean, well equipped and extremely clean. They could be bigger, but since you are not gonna spend huge amount of time in your room anyway, it's not a big deal. Bathroom desing was bit strange, but okay.

Location, right next door to shopping center (Ikspiari), so there is lot's dining places to choose from. We didn't eat in any of the hotels restaurant, would have love to, but didn't have the time :)

You can easily walk to Disneyland, and maybe to DisneySea too, although I'm not sure about that. And if you don't want to walk, you can either take the complimentary bus service (from the hotel front door to front of the desired park) or ride the monorail.

All in all, although pricy, I could recommend this hotel, especially if you are a Disney geek like me :)

Date of stay: February 2008