Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$30
Hotels.com$28
CheapTickets$28
Travelocity$28
FindHotel$30
Agoda.com$32
All reviews minute walk laundry machines lawson jr subway station tokyo
Selected filters
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Hi All,
I just returned from Tokyo with an amazing experience at My Stays Inn Asakusabashi. The service staff were friendly and excellent. We arrived on 7 Dec and stayed for 1 night before departing to Kyoto for 2 days. Not only did they help us to hold our baggage at the hotel, we arrived back on 10 Dec, we discovered to our pleasant surprise that they have delivered our baggage up to our newly assigned room! Talk about great service standard.

The staff is always ready to provide a helping hand and they are always greeting their guests with great smiles.

The location is great as well. There are many different restaurants within walking distance. Lawson is attached to the hotel with a 24 hour mini-mart 2 minutes away. If you exit from the east gate of Asakusabashi JR Station, you will find many interesting small shops under the bridge area.

If there is any complain, and this is really just nitpicking for no real reason, the train station is not really ideal for anyone traveling with heavy / large luggage. This is really because there is a lack of escalators. So this is really an issue with the train station rather than the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Quest307921
Reviewed December 12, 2012

There are so many places to stay in Tokyo, we spent ages looking in TA but we made the right choice with this one!!! My partner and I stayed here in December 2012, first time in Tokyo this was a good base to explore, the subway is a 5 min walk away and we saw on here that people found it difficult to find but we got a train from narita airport and found it pretty easily and it was at about 10pm at night. Yes the rooms are small but it seems standard in Tokyo, but the room was clean and quiet and was only $90 AUD a night.. Ya couldn't go wrong! It's located in the bead/business area but there are some popular tourist spots close by! Usuals like fridge/safe/urn/high tech toilet there.

Date of stay: December 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlieQLD
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The room:
My room (room #504) stank of smoke. I am a non-smoker, so this was a big problem. I was not informed my room would stink. I asked for a room change but was told that the hotel was full. Their solution was to give me a air-freshener spray. The smell was so intense I found it difficult to sleep. The night temperature in Tokyo was about 5C, but I kept the window open to alleviate the stench.

Bathroom:
The bathroom was small, but have bath tub and shower. They supplied a toothbrush which was replaced daily.

Location:
The hotel is about 1-2 minutes from the JR East station, West Exit. Being close to Akihabara, it is well located. They also have a basic local map, though some Tokyo tourist maps would have been appreiciated.

Internet:
Wifi is only available in the lobby, but the room did have a network cable.

Staff:
The hotel staff were polite and had decent working English. Though unable to help with room smelling.

Laundry/Toiletries
There is a free to use laundry room next to the lobby. Also in the lobby is a cabinet with free
razors, shower caps, ear buds.

Overall:
I would have given the hotel a 4, if the room was in decent condition. Confirm the state of the room being booked if you choose this Hotel. Tokyo is great, the poor lodging did not spoil the trip, but it should not have been an issue.

**Perfect if you happen to smoke 100 a day**

Room tip: Ask about smoking in the room.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank chikintonite
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This Hotel is mostly aimed at business travelers, but it is also a great choice for those looking to Visit Tokyo on holiday and not break the Bank. The location is very close to both the JR line as well as the Tokyo Metro. The neighborhood included many affordable places to eat, as well as a 24 hour grocery store. The hotel has laundry machines that are free to guests, as well as an ice machine for evening drinks. Internet in the hotel is Cat 5 and is always on and super fast. No wifi though if your a tablet or smartphone user. Rooms are compact, but have everything you need with a well engineered bathroom ensuite. The room & hotel were very clean at all times.They even rent a few bicycles if you wish to tour the neighborhood that surrounds the hotel. All of the staff we encountered were always polite and helpful. When I return to Tokyo, I will stay here again. Well done MyStays.

Room tip: The higher floors will have better views of Tokyo.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Austin H
Reviewed November 12, 2012

ALL of staff are super duper friendly, courteous and super duper helpful (even the limited-english-speaking ones). For people who don't speak english, they have been the most informative, attentive and will help u as much as they can. I have never experienced that kind of service before-not even from high starred hotels & resorts!

The room is small -as usual in Japan, but clean and comfy. The only thing is maybe the layout could be done more space efficiently and have some shelves put up for more storage space. Other than that, no complaints. Shampoo, toothbrush, soap, razor all provided in the room. Towels changed everyday. Hot water & water pressure very good.

A bit hard to find if u don't have a map, u might miss it cause the Inn's name is in grey-over grey walls.. It's super near to Asakusabashi station and walking distance to Akihabara.There's a convenient store right next to the Inn.

We had a pleasant stay at the Inn, especially because of the staff. Would stay here again next time.

Date of stay: November 2012