Ways to Experience Best Experience Japan
from $47.20
More Info
from $47.20
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I truly enjoyed getting to hang out in Ueno and spending time in the restaurants and bars. Akira was very kind and knowledgeable and we were happy to meet other fun travelers. Thank you for your time, Aki!

1  Thank Cisbis
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went on the tour as a plus one and loved every minute of it. We visited a number of local hotpots in Ueno which we would never have known to go to had we not been on the tour. You get to try a number of different foods and drinks, and you are given some background on why they are popular in Japan.

I would highly recommend going on this tour at some point in your trip. You will not find a better tour guide than Akira - he's super friendly and makes you feel very comfortable in a group setting, plus he's more than happy to give you hints and tips to help you on the rest of your Japanese holiday.

Overall fantastic experience and would be more than happy to join another one on my next visit. Thank you Akira! :)

1  Thank Tashaastrong
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great tour and event. Got to visit so many places that I wouldn't be able to visit without Akira. He was a great host who had took the time to plan such an amazing tour. If your in Tokyo and looking to try some local food and drink definitely do this!

1  Thank Derek M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a small group of 3 on the evening tour. We started off with a plum wine before heading to our first food stop. We has some great tuna and a beer drink. We then headed over to have some great sake and some mystery skewers. Akira ordered some skewers and then told us what each one was after we tried them. He did ask how adventurous we were beforehand...:) We then visited a local standing bar and Akira helped us chat with some guys from Vietnam. We shared some stories, drinks and even some photos. We wrapped up the evening at an amazing ramen spot. It was the best food I had the entire trip. Akira took very good care of us and I was so glad I took the tour. I never would have visited these local spots on my own. It was a very fun and unique experience.

1  Thank Chancejourneys
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Akira!
He took us to four local restaurants (a fish restaurant, another local restaurant, a standing bar and a ramen bar), all of which we would never have been able to find by ourselves. The food was delicious. Akira showed us real Japanese cuisine, which was exactly what we wanted- to avoid the tourist restaurants and attractions, and eat authentic meals.
Akira was helpful and very friendly, and is clearly passionate about Japan, its culture and its food.
We could not recommend enough.
Thank you Akira!