Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$337
Booking.com$337
eDreams$337
Travelocity$337
Priceline$337
CheapTickets$337
4,093 results
All reviews new york grill lost in translation ny bar bill murray shinjuku station top floor amazing hotel mt fuji pool and gym shuttle service tokyo hype luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is top notch. The service is the best I've ever had. The room surprised at ever corner. A detailed description of your specific window view to local cd's to play on the bose entertainment system. Watch out for high prices at the New York steak house on the top floor. The swimming pool has an awesome rooftop window ceiling. Not the best location, but worth the experience. There is no check in process, they take you directly to your room. They found me in the lobby of the skyscraper looking for the hotel and asked my name and took me straight up!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank aviatoradair
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It's been 3 weeks since I stayed at the PHT and it is still in my mind as the best 5 star I've been to and have travelled a lot. It is simply the standard for a real five star. Do believe what others tell you that if you can afford it stay here! You get your money's worth. You arrive at Shinjuku Park Tower which is the 2nd tallest building in Shinjuku, Tokyo and the PHT is one of the three towers. When we arrived using the bus (called Airport Limousine, use this airport shuttle) we saw the front entrance and on the left corner in modest 1 foot letters you could touch was the unexceptional words Tokyo Park Hyatt. That's the last time something was unexceptional about this hotel. You know something is special when you are met on the ground floor and then escorted to the 41st (the PHT, "ground floor") and check in was great. There is not the hectic stand in line and loud lobby, it is very quiet and stress free. I found the staff extremely interesting and caring although of course it is a chain. One gentleman enquired about our day when we returned and actually seem to care that we had a good day. I told him of some of the confusion we had because of the language and he wryly mentioned, "Oh, was it lost in translation"? We just had a standard but boy was it great which magnificent views of Tokyo. It was big but not gaudy in the Las Vegas since of big hotel rooms. We had a very large bathroom with a bath, shower, and the magical Japanese toilet. Remember, we just had the cheapest standard room and it was a corner room. Now remember, this is just the standard room. The hotel starts on the 41st floor so you are going to get a great view. Speaking of style, this hotel has it. Yes, it's modern but the various public spaces are magnificent without being garish. A few say the public spaces are cold but not at all. If you explore and want to find a quiet cubby hole you can find it. The hotel is one of three buildings that make up the towers so it can be a little confusing at first since you will use three different elevators depending on where you are going. However, I found that fun and almost always were the elevators available. The breakfast buffet is great but stay away from the scrambled eggs at the table. Maybe it's a Japanese thing but it was soupy. As part of the buffet just order your eggs to be cooked your style. All other elements of the buffet very good. I loved the pool. In the movie, "Lost in Translation" you see Bill Murray swimming in the pool almost if not alone but that's not movie magic! I was alone in the pool the times I swam and just to sit at the pool and look down at the lights of Tokyo is an experience. Three words I have for PHT: quiet/peace and uncrowded. The pool is included and my only objection is the sauna is $20 a day but shouldn't be charged in a five star hotel. On the plus, Internet access free and fast.
I will address some of the postings that might lead you to the wrong decision. These are a very small minority. PHT doesn't like children. I saw some children and they actually were treated as honored guests. I would be quick to point out they were not let loose to run wild or scream at a 100DB level or run with shoes in areas where shoes are not allowed (a Japanese thing). PHT values crowdless spaces and reasonably quiet places I don't mean library, just act normal and not a 100DB jackhammer. It's not a church but it isn't a sports arena either. Other complaint: staff was cold. I don't think that at all and most of the reviews show actually the warmth and friendliness is exceptional. The other complaint is that it is far away from the center. First, I don't think there really is a center of Tokyo and we walked to many interesting places including one of the most famous shrines. If you mean Ginza yes, the hotel is not near there but I think that area is very hectic and glad I wasn't there but could walk in a quiet area that still had sites, restaurants, shops, and parks. However, as was stated there is free PHT shuttle van that will take you to Shinjuku station and in minutes you could be in Ginza or whatever other section you want to explore.
The hotel isn't cheap but we booked on otel (yes no h) and got a very good price. You get a voucher which made me nervous but I've used them twice without any problems and you can usually cancel up to a week before the stay without penalty.
If you like to get away from the crowds and don't like raucous crowds but a peaceful, elegant oasis to recover from your day of touring, this is simply the #1 hotel in Tokyo if not one of the best in the world and I've been to many hotels.

Room tip: Standard room is a luxury room in other hotels. Do see if you can get a corner room and almost have wrap around windows.
Date of stay: July 2013
4  Thank TonyKCarmel
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Amazing Service, Amazing Views. The Swimming pool at the 45th Floor is also a big advantage.
I rarely enjoy a city or a country because of the place I stay but I have to say that even if I loved Tokyo by itself, the Park Hyatt in Shinjuku just made my experience better ! It was an amazing stay.
You can also ask the hotel to lend you the Lost in Translation movie, no wonder why they shot the movie there...
If you can afford it, you won't be disappointed.
I hope I'll be back there some days.

Room tip: a room with a view ?
Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and all of the staff really tried to be helpful and courteous. We checked-in in our room (made us feel like VIP :D) and the rep was really friendly and helpful. He also arranged to book the limousine bus to Haneida airport for our last day. He refused when we tried to give him a $$ tip since he said it's not allowed!! The setting inside the hotel is quite confusing since you have to take a lift up to 40th floor then walk through a restaurant and the library then take another lift to your room (level 41 and up), but you'll figure that out in no time. The bathroom is super clean and provided with everything you might need (hair brush, toothbrush, shower cap etc). The only think I didn't get was a dental floss. I wrote a note but I think they didn't understand what I meant. They gave me a listerine instead.
The guy who works at the gym came to me and corrected my position when I was trying on an equipment while I was waiting for my husband exercising. Before getting on the limousine bus they even offered us cold bottled waters!! We checked out too close to the limousine bus' arrival time but the guy really tried his best to bring down all of our suitcases. Those little things really made a big impression!! The only drawback, as other reviewers wrote, is the location since it's pretty far from Shinjuku station. The hotel shuttle starts at 9:00 am and ends around 9:00 pm if I'm not mistaken. We had to take a taxi several time since we left/came outside those time. One way costs about 710 yen which is not that bad since there were 3 of us.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank JavaGirl10
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We know that this well-known hotel has been recognized by a number of travelers as the most favorable hotel in Tokyo. Regarding a hotel with such reputation, our comments, therefore, will not be new for most of you, but, let us share with you some of our findings.

Delicatessen (1st floor ) & Pastry Boutique ( 2nd floor )
You will be able to purchase here its home-made dishes and sweets, and to your pleasant surprise, maybe, to ask a delivery to your room whenever you feel like eating them. There are also rillettes and kitchen miscellaneous-goods of simple but with excellent quality.

The Peak Lounge ( 41st floor )
We would highly recommend you to spend some time in this glass-ceiling spacious lounge for afternoon tea, and while you are there, please do not miss the little sweets served as free of charge, on top of the tea set.

Girandole ( 41st Floor )
As for its buffet-style breakfast, we should comment that variety of foods will be slightly limited, but that every item is carefully selected in quality and, needless to say, very fresh.

Spa ( 45th Floor )
There are spacious Jacuzzi and 3 types of sauna. Its large rocker room has a space where, after exercising, you can put yourself at full ease with freely served tea and snacks.

Swimming Pool & GYM ( 47th floor )
What you find here is a panoramic view through surrounding windows while swimming and doing exercise. Some free exercise programs, such as yoga and aerobics, are available.

New York Bar ( 52nd floor )
Why not enjoy, during your sojourn, live jazz music here while savouring nice wine and relishing Tokyo night view. No table fee, normally Yen 2,200 per guest, is charged for the hotel guests. We highly recommend you to drop in this renowned bar.

Hotel Facilities
The rooms are simply designed but, particularly for business use, functionally organized. We assume that having two same chairs for a desk, as our room does, could be of convenience for short in-room business talks. There is, of course, good-size bathtub for relaxing.

You will find a sort of “art” everywhere you go in the hotel, by which you will notice the tastes of Mr. John Morford who designed the interior. It is unfortunate that the hotel library, which seems to be a symbolic part of his design, is not actually in use.

Hotel Staffs
We appreciate, let us describe it, the “mixture of Japanese and European hospitality”. The staff’s services are felt as wholehearted and reliable.

Just for your information, the film, “Lost in Translation” by Sopia Coppola, was made by fully utilizing the rooms of this hotel. You may able to reminisce about your stay, if, after your enjoyable visit, you have a chance to see it.

Date of stay: March 2013