“Excellent spot for pasta”
Review of Al Dente Shinjuku

Al Dente Shinjuku
Ranked #6 of 499 Restaurants in Nishishinjuku
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed March 5, 2019

Excellent Italian food in a cozy spot in Shinjuku. Good prices and good pasta dishes. Highly recommended

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

I came here for craving some pasta after a week of Japanese foods, The pasta here is very tasty and there are many different styles to choose from. The menu has all the classic Italian pastas but also some more unique ones like cod roe (mentaiko) pasta or sour cream carbonara (Lorenzo)

I had the Lorenzo pasta in both my visits to this restaurant, the first time I had it I thought the sour cream was a little strange but I started wanting to taste it again a couple days later, I recommend this pasta

*You can increase (110g>180g is ~100yen) or decrease your serving size of noodles

Date of visit: January 2019
2  Thank SeanLi12369
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

One of the best pasta dishes we’ve ever had. Pasta was cooked just right. Delicious pasta at a very affordable price. We will definitely be back if we visit Tokyo again!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018

A colleague of mine recommended this restaurant to me years ago, and it was just sitting on a list of places to go since then. Finally went yesterday and am regretting having put it off for so long. A cozy little place - very much in the style of the old Japanese coffee shops. Sat at the counter and ordered a limoncello and a spaghetti peperoncino with bacon. Generous serving of pasta and the thick cut bacon was loaded on. Great spicy flavor. Limoncello was tasty, too. I'll be back very, very soon!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. Yummy generous portions of pasta cooked perfectly. Would visit again.

Date of visit: December 2017