“Don’t bother!”

Menya Musashi Shinjuku Sohonten
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Shinjuku / Nakano / Suginami
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

This place came recommended by a Japanese who lives in Melbourne. It was disappointing and not worth the effort. Firstly, it was difficult to find, even with a Google Maps! Secondly, there is no English on the outside to confirm you have reached the right place. Thirdly, far from being “the best ramen in Tokyo”, it is ordinary at best. I left feeling disappointed and wishing I had done my own research - rather than blindly accepting the single recommendation of someone just because they were Japanese. The restaurant is 5 mins walk from Shinjuku Station (west exit), and should have been straightforward, but it wasn’t. We probably passed at least 5 other places that could have been better. I’d say don’t bother with this one.

Date of visit: April 2019
3  Thank 66grahamh
Write a reviewReviews (486)

Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

Ramen was great
I luckily had a delicous food and met this wonderful friend in this restaurant even though I came here by myself. We talked about city architectures and beers over the world and that time I really enjoyed having interesting conversation. Hope I can visit this restaurant again and see him before he leaves after his 6-months internship.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

is a little treasure in toky is the best ramen in the world is small but you feel warmer environment only cash

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed December 20, 2018 via mobile

We will have ramen here in Shinjuku every time we are in Tokyo.The quality is no longer as before.The noodle is not springy as before and a bit thicker now.And prices have increased while more ramen shops popped up around this area.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank KHSim9
Reviewed December 18, 2018 via mobile

I recommend the thicker and little more expensive broth. Noodles were very good and pieces of meet quite huge!

Date of visit: December 2018