“Good and authentic but”

Shinjuku Kakekomi Gyoza kabukichou
Reserve a Table
Ranked #2 of 498 Restaurants in Kabukicho
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Description: During being open 24 hours for 365 days! If good Chinese meat dumplings are eaten, Shinjuku Running Chinese meat dumplings. Please eat so that I may put Chinese meat dumplings of Shinjuku running Chinese meat dumplings on a spoon and breathe good gravy! ※ Our Chinese meat dumplings are garlic and leek nonuse. This place is the interior rich in the atmosphere in old Edo when a fire fighter corps in Edo was imagined, and seriousness is the speciality store of Chinese meat dumplings where I stuck to the Chinese meat dumplings which will eat homemade gravy Chinese meat dumplings. 【kansougeikaikosu】 oshokujitokkakata「kakekomimatoikosu」1980en .iroironagyouzagatanoshimerugyouzatokkakata「kakekomihikeshikosu」2980en .toutenmeibutsunobasashishi、oden、gyouzagatanoshimerukosupajuushibaransukata「kakekomimatsurikosu」3980en.sakurasukiyakigatannoudekiru「edokabukikosu」4980en 【sekijouhou】 .kauntaseki 1meisama~4meisama .1kai teburuseki 2meisama~10meisama .1kai teburuseki 3meisama~13meisama .2kai teburuse
Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

Helpful staff in this very budget friendly and authentic restaurant.
Food is ordered off an iPad . Takes a little getting used to but you'll soon get the idea.
The two things I didn't notice were , 1) they serve horse meat which out of principle I will not eat , 2) many of the dishes don't tell you what meat is used unless you ask (which usually turns out to be pork) . I'd prefer that everything on menu stated its meet content so I didn't have to ask .
We both enjoyed our food , there are many locals that eat in here and the food is very cheap too and the staff extremely friendly . Very small restaurant with pleasant atmosphere

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Had several types of gyoza and the horse meat sushi. Never had horse before, much less raw, but I like to try adventurous foods. We ordered the fatty marbled horse and it was very good! Not gamey even a bit, very clean tasting - even beef has a stronger flavor.

Service is done on an iPad, with English and several other languages.

Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

Unique small venue with lots of traditional character. Minimal range of gyoza but every thing was very tasty and well done. Service wasn’t amazing and the IPad kept reverting back to Japanese from English which was annoying until you got the hang of fixing it back yourself but I would definitely recommend this place for a cheap lunch or dinner.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

While the food was excellent, when we received our bill we were quite shocked to see that it was for nearly 10,000 yen for the 2 of us. After looking closer we realized we had been given another tables bill. After questioning the staff about this the look on her face came across as not being a honest mistake. We were then given the correct bill of around 4,000 yen!! Big difference!! Restaurant has a good set up of having iPads which have an English option. Our correct bill also came out in English. Crumbed gyozas & matcha cheesecake is a must!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed January 29, 2019 via mobile

Hands down, the best gyoza I’ve ever had in my life. We also noticed they had horse meat sushi, but weren’t daring enough to try that.

Date of visit: January 2019