Lowest prices for your stay
$47
Free cancellation until 12/07/21
Hotels.com$47
Priceline$48
FindHotel$41
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2012

About 15 seconds from the subway station which is just amazing, saves so much time and is easy to find. For a double room it was GBP64 a night. Reception staff, especially Eriko (Erika) were amazing. Erika basically helped us plan our entire trip, never got frustrated with our many requests - so thank you again Erika.

Rooms are super tiny, and we've stayed in many Japanese places, but not a speck of dirt in sight. Two guys in one room was difficult, but comical at times. The bed's comfy, aircon works perfectly, bathroom was spotless and had amazing pressure in the shower, which never went cold. One negative: The communal corridors are dark and absolutely freezing cold - I know you spend all of 30 seconds in a corridor but it does feel a tad dingy, which it shouldn't as they're modern and recently decorated. Only has wi-fi in the lobby, but it is fast.

Overall, to be within 10/15 minutes walk of the city centre, 15 seconds from the subway and have amazing staff you can't really complain.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank johnabenna
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I spent four nights in a single non-smoking room which has a large bed (room 502). Indeed the room is small without space to put a big bag (I used the desk instead), this is why I was traveling to Tokyo with a small one and left my backpack in Osaka.

So first of people should read what the hotel proposes so they will not complain later. I always investigate an hotel and check reviews before making my choice.
I picked up this hotel also because I wanted to be close to this neighborhood and did not want to have to travel to long to go to the Ghibli museum (Mitaka station is at a 20 minutes ride)
I knew it will be a small room which is actually very made in Japan. People live in boxes so what do you expect as a tourist? if you want Western standards you will have to put the money on the table!
There is a wired connection in a room and wifi in the lobby. No bad surprises for me here either.
The room is small so the cable is long enough to use your laptop in bed!

I was happily surprised with the quietness of the room. You are at the corner of a big traffic line and hear no noise (I only heard once the siren of the firemen)The bed is very comfortable and the room well equipped. I think it is perfect for business travelers as they have all the things you need to look good at your meetings.
The bathroom is the smallest bathroom I have seen in my life. But fully equipped again and convenient enough. However sorry to say so but if you are overweight (more than 100 kilos) then forgot about it, you will not be comfortable.
It is very clean and well maintain, I wish that all cheap hotels look like this one.

Location: very good location. Since I am in Japan I walk a lot so a 10 minutes walk to the main busy Shinjuku is pretty much okay. And if you are really tired well next door you have the subway, it will cost you 170 yen.
Next door too, a kind of local starbuck and a supermarket. I love Japanese food but was dying for a piece of meat. I went to the Royal restaurant (not that royal no worries :) ) at the Suntory hotel (other side of the road) and well for a change the Western meal was excellent.

To get there from Tokyo station, ask for a JR map at the station and a Subway map too. The staff can explain you very easily. Usually they write it on a paper for me. Just tell them where you want to go as there are different possibilities to get there. Your JR pass is very useful to go around in within Tokyo.

They clean the rooms between 11am up to 2pm so you are expected to be away unless you have your do not disturb on! and if so they will leave some clean towels in front of your door.
Some of their staff at the reception speak a very good English some others less.

And last thing I book my room directly via the hotel website (available in English too) and had a cheaper price than any other providers. And because of that I had a voucher for a free tea or coffee at the cafe downstairs. This is also the first time in Japan that an hotel send me an email before arrival to reconfirm my booking details and welcome me.

Room tip: Sound proof very good so does not matter which floor you are.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

located a long 15mn walk from the animated areas of shinjuku and harajuku, extremely small rooms and a bit smelly. Wi-fi available on the lobby only, blind windows... and as the rooms are sold by the hours during the day, any hour past your check-out time will be invoiced. It is just cheap.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noctanet
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Yes, it's small so maybe not great if you're going to spend lots of time in the room, but it's functional, close to transport and CHEAP! Staff are friendly and helpful, there's a coffee shop downstairs and a small supermarket next door and the Higashi Shinjuku subway is next door while the main Shinjuku station is 10 mins walk away. Bargain.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank GlynWilliams
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Smelled like smoke in a non-smoking room. Brown stains on the bathroom door!! The room charge increased upon arrival. There was an early check out... Not worth your time or money. There are (other) much better places to stay in Tokyo!

Room tip: No room service. Very, very basic accommodations!!!
Date of stay: August 2012