Lowest prices for your stay
$74
Priceline$70
CheapTickets$74
getaroom.com$104
4,409 results
All reviews main tower bowling alley food court shinagawa prince train station huge hotel aqua park haneda airport convenient location department store rooms are small business trip top floor easy access takanawa exit shopping mall mt fuji
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Although I had a map, it was very difficult to find the entrance to hotel on arrival at Shinagawa Station. I walked around the block to the East Tower main entrance, but access is through a shopping arcade directly opposite the station. It is very easy once you know how! The single rooms in the East Tower are small, but well laid out and comfortable. The free broadband was excellent.

I found the staff friendly and their English was excellent.

I found their "Green Cleaning Service" a great idea. I stayed 9 nights and opted for 4 days of no cleaning service. My room did not need to be serviced everyday, and the bonus ¥500 per day was spent in the hotel convenience store on the last day.

Room tip: The entrance to the Hotel is past the McDoanlds store opposite the Takanawa Exit. My room on the 12 floor looked down onto the station, but there was really very little noise from outside.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank MVICAustralia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was the first hotel we went to on our arrival to Japan. We only stayed one night but the room was nice and clean and plenty of toiletries. The hotel is massive and has plenty on site. It is close to the station and round the corner there are a few places to eat and drink. It has its own aquarium and bowling alley and a huge reception area. We didn't get to see much of it as we arrived late in the evening and left by lunchtime.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Alethea48
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Fabulous hotel in the heart of Shinagawa. If you're riding public transportation, you can't beat the location. I've stayed in the area in other hotels near the Prince (Keiku EX, Goos), and I've always wanted to stay here. Finally got my chance.

This hotel seems to be all about what tower you stay in. As a single traveler, I chose the rooms in the East Tower, which seems to be the oldest tower on the property. It was a typical "business man" room -- very small and cramped. I could touch both walls at the same time with my arms extended each way. Small window didn't help matters. Odd layout with bathroom at opposite end of the room from the front door. Nevertheless, it was just fine for sleeping. Quiet, comfortable, but cramped. The East Tower elevators are very small. One serves as an express elevator (on the right side), so get on it going down if you can. The other one seemed to stop on nearly every floor on the way down.

Some people in our party were in the Main Tower with double beds, and their rooms were quite a bit nicer. The hotel website clearly details the choices you have. Refrigerators in the room were a nice touch. No wifi in the room was very lame because I was using iPhone and iPad.

As others have mentioned, the Prince offers excellent food choices, entertainment, and shopping options near by. The WING Takanawa shopping area also has a great selection of restaurants, shopping, and Kombini (7-11 is my favorite for quick snack). I like the Shinagawa Kitchen on the 2nd floor of the Prince for the variety of selection. The grocery store adjacent to the station (lower level) was also a great source of yummy take out food. The Limousine Bus is a good option to Narita if you don't want to haul your luggage to the station (and up and down stairs & escalators) for the Narita Express.

Room tip: Pay more for the main tower or annex tower. Awesome views from high floors.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

The Shinagawa Prince hotel is a large complex, with a large range of entertainment and restaurant options and a large range of rooms. We stayed in a very small room in the North tower but it was good value in a good location. We used the subway trains to get around the city.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Ann M
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Thankfully we only use our hotels for sleeping. The Shingawa Prince is directly across the street from Shinigawa Railway on the Yamanote Line which puts it fairly central to everything and easy to get about. We used the "Limosine Bus" to get to/from Narita simply to save carrying luggage from/to the train but either will suffice.
We were housed in the North Tower, one of about 5 'Prince' abodes which gave us a feeling of being seperated from the 'real' hotel. The room was typically pokey with only about 16 sq mtr of space and the propensity of the Japanese to squeeze everything in (a table, chair, desk, TV etc) meant there was no where to move.
The bathroom in this hotel room was like an afterthought. It was a 'slide-in module' that was almost claustrophobic but the hi-tech toilet seat needed a degree to work (heated, bidet etc).
Like most Japanese beds, cement is softer!
Everything was kept clean and serviced and when we needed help (to connect to the 'net & to get extra pillows) the staff were quick & efficient.
Hooking up to the net was in itself typically Japanese. For such a highly technical country wi-fi was not available. A LAN cable was supplied but not that simple (despite instructions) to connect.
Overall, a place to sleep that's not that different to most but it is well positioned.

Room tip: Pay a bit more and get some space!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple