“Fantastic day and night tour of Tokyo. ”
Review of Maction Planet

Maction Planet
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Jingumae
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

We started out with a Craft Beer tour of Tokyo and visited many hidden spots with some really great local craft beers.

In the second day we had a full day of sight seeing. Sensoji-temple, starting at Kaminarimon Gate, walking up Nakamise-dori. We look around the complex then headed across to Sumida River Park where we had a great view of the Skytree and the Asahi Beer Building (The Golden Turd), as well as being another prime Cherry Blossom viewing spot.

We then headed to Okachimachi and walked by Ameyoko (American Black Market district post-war), then through Ueno Park, stopping at Kiyomizu Kannon-do to see the Tsuki no Matsu (the moon pine). We then walked up the main cherry blossom canopy in Ueno Park to the Tokyo National Museum.

Lunch was at Daiki, where we had that great bowl of chicken broth ramen.

Then we headed by subway for our Imperial Palace Tour. We took photos at the classic view at Nijubashi, the double arch bridge. Then we went on the tour proper. After that, we walked through the Imperial Palace East Garden (where we climbed the main tower of Edo Castle), Kitanomaru Park (where we saw the Nippon Budokan) and then the Yasukuni Shrine.

We took a taxi to the Harajuku area, where we walked to the Meiji Jingu Shrine, then headed to our beers at the Baird Beer Harajuku Taproom, via the JR Harajuku Railway station and Takeshita Dori where we saw lots of confectionary and youth clothing shops, and of course the pet clothing store!

Date of experience: April 2017
in 14 reviews
"deep dive"
"japanese baseball"

Reviewed April 13, 2017

I wanted to experience Tokyo like a local, but not miss out on the famous sights and some culture. With Maction Planet, I got everything I wanted. On our walk through the city, I saw art, architecture, shrines, shops, cityviews ~ and most importantly, those hidden places only a local would dare set foot in. So glad I ditched my tourist guidebook (you know the one!) and went with Mac instead. Not only is he fun, knowledgeable and articulate, he is a specialized generalist. In other words, ask, and if he doesn't know, he will make it his mission to figure it out. Definitely worth the value! Dream vacation thanks to Maction!

Date of experience: March 2017
11  Thank almostpatrick
Reviewed April 12, 2017

I passed through Tokyo for a couple of days stop over en route to Australia and in my jet-lagged state didn't want to have to think about what to do and where to go. Maction Planet was the ideal tour guide picking up some of the most interesting places to visit in the short time I was in the city.

Date of experience: March 2017
11  Thank Chris W
Reviewed April 11, 2017

Had a special time in Tokyo courtesy of Maction Planet - the trip was packed with variety from start to end and I thoroughly enjoyed my time. Mac planned each day in detail and listened carefully to my preferences as well as suggesting some more unusual experiences. I'm pretty open to ideas so I got to see all sides of Tokyo - the itinerary covered the often pictured beautiful parks and temples as well as visits to sport at FC Tokyo and the baseball. Further highlights were the local food and nightlife and the real cultural side of Tokyo culture such as the quirky shops selling stickers and dog outfits! Throughout the trip Mac was very attentive and keen to hear what I was interested in. I'd definitely recommend seeing Tokyo the Maction Planet way - Mac will definitely ensure you get the most out of even a short visit, he also provided plans for my onward travel in Japan!

Date of experience: September 2016
10  Thank Parkward
See more reviews
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Mac led us on one of his karaoke tours. Now, you may not think you need a guide for Karaoke. That is because you have not done karaoke with this guy. Until you have heard his rendition of ‘The Real Slim Shady’, you haven’t lived. Hyperbole aside – Mac picked us up from our hotel, took us to an amazing izakaya in the basement of one of those crazy buildings in Tokyo that has an accounting firm, a massage parlour and a cap shop all in the same building, and then off we went singing in a cheap and cheerful place which was exactly what we wanted. He explained to us how to work the machines, made sure we got the best deal, and kept the energy going when people were flagging at different times. That night was one of the highlights of our trip to Tokyo and we still dine out on the stories!

Date of experience: January 2017