Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotel
$42
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/11/21
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams$59
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019

We checked in and did not like the room they gave us. We requested a non smoking and the room they gave us had a smokey feel to it...The young lady at the front desk worked very hard to accommodate us with a new room. Our room was in the building to the left of the main hotel. The room had a double bed, bath, and separate sitting area. Overall, good value and great location.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

The room was so tiny it wouldn’t fit two people so we had to put one luggage in the bathroom.
We requested for an upgrade and luckily they had one, but so expensive for Yen35,000 per night , same a s the rate of a 5 star hotel in Tokyo (we were told it depended on the availability of the rooms).My husband did not want to pack and unpack and move so we ended up staying and paying the high price.
The Staff was nice and helpful.The location good, close to the subway and restaurants.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2019

The standard double rooms were so small that there was no room at all for a suitcase.
That is not an exaggeration either. Hate to think of what single rooms are like.
Whilst clean and facilities OK it was extremely expensive for Room quality offered.

The cost to Upgrade to Twin room is just another 30% plus....seems fair!!! BS
The accompanying restaurant is excellent choice for SHABU - SHABU Dinner and offers both Japanese and Western breakfasts.

Date of stay: February 2019
2  Thank mickinge
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Lovely hotel with good value and tasty breakfast provided by what seems to be an established coffee shop chain connected to the hotel. Staff are very friendly (seems to be standard in Japan!) and speak good English. Location is also very convenient for getting to the major areas of interest. Room was a bit small but pretty standard for this price range in Tokyo. Stay here with confidence

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2019

The hotel:

The property is clean and quite comfortable. The bed has a decent mattress that isn't as hard as some (I still found it slightly too firm for me, but I used the duvet as a mattress pad to add a bit more squishiness; if it's cold when you're there, reception will provide extra blankets so you could use them in place of the duvet for warmth).

I was in one of the standard double rooms for single use. It was perfectly fine for one person, but I'd note the pics on sites like Agoda make the room look larger than it is. There was a double bed with choice of pillow types (pushed up against the wall and with only a couple of inches between the foot of the bed and the window), so you could really only access the bed from one side), a desk and chair, and a small wardrobe. There was also a folding luggage rack, and just enough floorspace to stand it by the food of the bed to hold my small suitcase. The room would be difficult to share (two people would end up tripping over each other) or if you have a tonne of luggage, but for one person with one suitcase, it was perfectly fine, and no where near as small as some I've stayed in. And they obviously have larger rooms (deluxe double) for those who want a bit more space.

Amenities in the room were better than I expected in this price range. There was a TV (I didn't notice any English language channels), kettle (green tea is provided), air purifier, mini fridge, plus a tonne of other stuff squirreled away for guests to use (hair dryer, febreeze for when your clothes smell like the barbecue joint you were in the night before, toiletries, shoe shine mitts, robe and slippers, etc.). There's a trouser press and an ice machine in the hallway for guests to share.

The bathroom shower was great - good strong water pressure and very hot water. The shower was an over-bath one and the tub is one of those short, deep ones, so it's a bit of a step to get in (it will be fine for most people, but something to keep in mind if you're elderly or have trouble with your legs).

The room was clean for the most part - the bathroom fixtures, sheets, floor, table, etc., were all very clean. The vent for the heating and AC was a bit dusty (so I used the air purifier when I'd put the heating on), and the toothbrush glasses in the bathroom looked dirty so I didn't use them. But everything else was clean.

Noise wise, I had a room facing the back, and never heard a peep from either street noise or other guests. It was very quiet. (I read one other review on the site where someone complained they could hear train noise, but considering the trains run underground, I don't see how that could be). The heater is a bit loud, so I just put it on for a bit in the evening, then turned it off before bed. Once I woke a bit cold in the night, and just turned it on for a short bit, then turned it off again (it blows quite fiercely, so the room heats up quickly).

All in all, I was very happy with the quality of my stay and the value for money.

The area:

Akasaka is a great neighbourhood to base yourself in Tokyo - you're pretty much right in the centre of the central area of the city, where tourists are likely to want to spend most of their time. To get to the Imperial palace and Ginza area, it's a 30-40 minute walk or a couple of stops on the MRT heading East. To get to Harajuku and Shibuya, it's a 40 minute walk or a couple of MRT stops west. The Roppongi Art Triangle museums and malls are a 15 minute walk away. In addition to being literally next to the Akasaka MRT stop, you're within a 8-10 minute walk from 2 other stops (giving you more choices of lines).

There is also about a million different restaurants, cafes and bars within the neighbourhood. I recommend Hakata Ramen Kazu (just behind the Asakasa Biz Tower) for pork-bone ramen, Kisurin on the first narrow street west of Sotobori Dori (which is the main street you come to after a couple of blocks if you turn right when you come out of the hotel). In addition to several convenience stores (7-11, Family Mart) right by the hotel, there's also a small 24hr grocery store within about 3 minutes walk (turn right out of the hotel and walk just past the MRT entrance, and you'll see it just before the Burger King (Maruetsu Petit, it has a green sign). They have a lot of stuff you can't find in the convenience stores, like fresh fruit and loads of made up salads.

FYI: it took me ages when I arrived, jetlagged and exhausted from 24 hours of travelling, to figure out how to turn the lights in my room on. The black box by the bed that looks like a clock radio controls all the lights for the room.

Room tip: Rooms facing the back of the main building are super quiet
Date of stay: January 2019