Lowest prices for your stay
$59
Free cancellation until 12/10/21
Priceline
Booking.com$59
eDreams$59
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2016

I had a chance to stay at this hotel during my honeymoon. Spent 3 nights at the hotel and had a good experience.

Location:
The hotel is located centrally in Akasaka on the side of a smaller street with limited traffic. Access is very easy as it seems to be a hotel well known by local taxi drivers, this was even with the language barrier in place.
For more mass transit options of access the hotel is virtually located on top of the Akasaka subway station on the Chiyoda line. Quite literally this was one of the most easily accessible hotels I have ever stayed at.
Other than transportation the hotel is located only 3-5 minutes away from good eating and shopping locations.

The Hotel:
Good impression of the hotel. The hotel is split into a main building and an annex which is separated by only a few meters on the same side of the street.
When entering the main building you are greeted by a small but cozy lobby with very service oriented staff. The staff appeared to be well accustomed to western guests and no problems communicating in English.
As we arrived very late due to flight issues we were missing our luggage, but this was an issue that the staff was more than willing to assist us with their full attention. Contacting the airline for us, arranging correct addresses for delivery and scheduling. When the luggage finally arrived, they were kind enough to already have the luggage brought to and stowed in an easily accessible location in our room.

The Room
Like almost all Japanese hotels I have stayed at the rooms are rather small. For us as a honeymoon couple it was just right. We mainly spent an hour or two at day time here and sleeping at night in the room. For that purpose it was perfect. But for a family with a child or more in toddler age or older I would seriously ask for a larger room or consider a different hotel.
Other than this the rooms were of good standard with comfy beds, the standard refrigerator and tv your would find in any normal hotel. The bathroom was the standard cubicle type which is very small for a person of my stature (194cm tall), which normally result in some interesting positions when using the bath or the toilet.
Per the norm everything was spot clean.

Overall impression:
I had a very good experience from this hotel mainly for the excellent service and the great location.
What prevents me from giving a full score is the size of the rooms and the bathrooms. It was not bad, but could do with just a few extra square meters of space. If you are carrying a large number of luggage pieces you will have some space issues. However, two normally large piece of luggage for a visiting couple will fit perfectly.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel as I had a class in Roppongi...it's very conveniently located to exit 7 of Akasuka Station and there's a Family Mart right across the street. Check-in was very smooth and the friendly multilingual staff (I heard English and Chinese spoken) was very efficient. Room was small but comfortable; I liked the headboard-mounted light controls. Nice bathroom and skin/ hair products. The one unusual thing about the hotel is they do not offer a breakfast buffet; instead, there is an attached coffeeshop that serves toast and simple items for around $5. Would absolutely stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2016

On Google Maps and some signs also call it Sotetsu Fresa Inn. As mentioned in other reviews, it's really close to Akasaka Station, exit 6 which has a narrow escalator going up. With luggage, it's best to go to exit 3a, which is across the street and a couple of blocks away and has an elevator and escalators. We were in the annex building in a deluxe double room which is kind of a little suite with a queen bed (rare in budget hotels) and small fridge in the main room and a single bed in a smaller room past the bathroom. There's a 7-11 and McDonalds across the street. It's kind of fun to try McDonalds there because of the different menu options. I liked the shrimp burger and a seasonal item, citrus McFlurry. Next to the hotel is an excellent noodle restaurant, Yasubee (check out my separate review.) The front desk staff is very courteous. It's also a little more stylish than other budget hotels we stayed at.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

This was a great hotel. The location is fantastic, right at a subway stop. The front desk staff was friendly, and spoke some English. They have a rack of freebies, mostly tea and skin products. The room was small, as expected, but comfortable. It had a mini-fridge with 2 free bottles of water. I loved the blackout curtain, and really think it helped me get over some jet lag. The biggest downside to this hotel was the bathroom door. It was frosted glass (still generally see-through) and didn't go all the way down to the floor (something I've seen now in several hotel bathrooms). Let's just say it doesn't do great things for acoustics if you are sharing a room with someone.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2016

we stayed here for 4 nights (2 adults/2 children 4yrs/8yrs old) after the other reviews I was expecting a very tiny room but it was actually a decent size. Plus a 2nd much smaller room with a single bed.which was big enough for sleeping and storing a large case and backpack. We had a side window view to the street on the 6th floor and it was very quiet regardless of time of day or night. No traffic noise either. TV in both rooms but no international stations or at least no european ones but the kids were happy to watch Japanese cartoons plus we didn't travel all that way to wat h tv so no problem for us :) Plenty of supplies like tea/coffee/water in fridge. Toiletries ect. We were in the annex building So didn't have much interaction with the staff but when we did they were always very helpful and friendly. Plus on arrivel they gave my wife some beauty products and daughter a welcome bag with slippers and toiletaries. My son and I received the room keys :) Restaurants, supermarkets and metro all very close. Excellent for metro. I now wish we had booked this hotel for our final 4 days when we return to Tokyo later in the week but we already have a reservation elsewhere.

Room tip: we were on 6th Floor, not a bad sized room considering the other reviews. side facing street and very quiet.
Date of stay: July 2016