1,944 results
All reviewssky loungetop floorjacuzzi tubcorner roomshiba parkzojoji templepremium floorprince parksubway stationbreakfast buffetseparate toiletminute walkexcellent hotelfree shuttlean amazing viewlarge roomnarita airport
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I just stayed for a few days of a month long vacation in Tokyo but I really loved this hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful, which was great for me as I speak very little Japanese.

I would agree that it isnt the most convienient location as far as the subway goes, but only a 10 min walk so this didnt bother me at all. Anyway, once you figure out how to use the underground system you'll be hopping from line to line like a local to find the shortest route to your destination.

I absolutley loved the restaurant, it was one of the best meals I had in Tokyo and the views from the bar and restaurant overlooking tokyo tower and the rest of the city were amazing. I only stayed a couple of days and would defo go back again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank dmurpha
Reviewed May 10, 2009

My wife and I spend a 10 days holiday in Tokyo and stayed at the Prince Park Tower Tokyo. Originally we’re looking for hotels in the Shinjuku area with a budget of <=$250 per night, we narrowed it down to Keio Plaza Hotel and Century Southern Tower but after reading Tripadvisor comments we’re a bit discourage with them. We then found Prince Park Tower, the price was within our budget and read many positive reviews, we were a bit hesitant with the location since we wanted to be in a convenient location but we decided to go for it.

We booked a Superior Comfort King room from Hotels.com, the price was about $230 per night. We took the Airport Bus Limo service to the hotel (little bit over an hour away) for 3000 yen per person. The hotel check-in was quick and pleasant. The Superior room has its own dedicated and private elevators, which requires room key access. We’re at the 20th floor and the room has a great view of the Tokyo Tower, Zojoji temple, hotel landscape, and Tokyo skyline. The king size bed was huge and comfortable, room also comes with free-wired Internet access, and mini refrigerator with drinks and snack. The bathroom has a great separate shower stall, Jacuzzi tub, and a terrific Toto toilet with features that many bums will enjoy ☺ The only item that was missing was an iron and ironing board however housekeeping will deliver them upon request. We used laundry service twice and got 20% discount each time.

The location and nearby Shiba park creates a pleasant peaceful environment especially after spending all day walking through congested streets and subway stations. There are 2 subway stations nearby; Mita and Oedo Line, both are less than 3 minutes walk and they are not congested stations compare to Shinjuku and other main stations. Sample routes - Odeo line to Shinjuku is about 6 stops and Mita line to Ginza is about 3 stops. If you have an iPhone download the Tokyo Underground app ($.99), you just enter to/from subway info and it will tell you what subway lines to take and change to. The Tokyo City Atlas book was also helpful while exploring Tokyo.

There isn’t much restaurant nearby the hotel, however the Tokyo Tower (less than 8 minutes walk from the hotel) has shops, convenient store, and fast food restaurant (Japanese and McDonalds). Another option is to take the Oedo line and head over to Roppongi, it’s only 2 stops away (170 yen each way). If you want to try Japanese food but cannot read or speak Japanese, Roppongi Hill (http://www.roppongihills.com/en/) has many restaurants’ menu that includes Japanese and English. The hotel also has several restaurants we tried the Café Novel and Lobby Lounge for late lunch and afternoon tea and the Brise Verte for breakfast. The breakfast was a bit expensive (3000 yen per person) considering we don’t eat much, for the rest of the trip we picked up drinks, bread, and pastry for breakfast from the hotel shop/bakery, they were cheap and delicious.

The hotel normal checkout time is 12PM and we’re looking to check out at 2PM for a 6PM flight, we notified the front desk a day prior to our departure and they basically said “No problem”. To our surprise they did not charge us extra even though the hotel policy states ~30% for late check out.

The hotel shop has an ATM machine however it only allow withdraw from Japanese bank and Citibank. Unfortunately it did not work with my Wells Fargo debit/Visa card, in fact we’re not able to withdraw money from several Japanese bank ATM machines. Eventually we discovered Shinsei bank and Citibank ATM machines works fine with Wells Fargo and Washington Mutual (Chase). Shinsei bank has some ATM in subway station, we were stopping and changing subway line at Hibiya quite a bit and it has a Shinsei bank ATM machine. Roppongi Hill ATM machine also works fine.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Prince Park Tower, we didn’t use much of the hotel services and facilities like concierge, business center, and gym/swimming pool. We used the subway all the time and did not rely on taxi, we got familiar with the subway system within the first full day. If you prefer to be near a convenient location with main subway lines, train station, shopping, and restaurants this might not be an ideal hotel for you.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dontlosemyluggage
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Frankly, I am surprised with all the raving reviews for this hotel.

We were there for the easter holidays, stayed for one week to visit only Tokyo (last time we had visited Kyoto).

Location : The only subway station nearest is the Akabanebashi Station and it serves only one line, the Oedo line.

The hotel is nearer to Roppongi hills but not by foot. It is two stations away.

In short, it is not situated in a major junction like Shibuya, Shinjuku or Roppongi.

When, you go outside the hotel, the view is quite depressing because it is not the same bustling atmosphere like Shibuya or Shinjuku.

If you want to grab a quick food outside the hotel, well, you have to take the subway or the taxi. The same goes for mundane shopping. I located only one late-night small supermarket on a walkable distance.

Yes, there is a park… slightly larger than the ones you find in front of any council building.

There is also the Zozoji temple almost at the foot of the hotel.

The rooms were very spacious which was a plus point. But the biggest minus point being that it was impossible to make the AC go down below 20°C.

The hotel staff came up with three engineers and stayed almost an entire evening to fix it only to say that it should be working automatically…..but the room remained hot.

Did not try any of the hotel restaurants for we were mostly visiting. Called for room service which albeit fast and efficient, a bit pricey which of course is not a surprise.

The highspeed Internet service was very good in the room.

To finish, Tokyo Tower. Well, it is right next to the hotel. That’s it .

One of the guide books we tried was Louis Vuitton’s. Very disappointing. For hitech goods, the guide suggests Laox store (like any other guide). To me, Laox store is outdated. I prefer Yodobashi(I am giving the name from memory so my spelling may be not exact), in Shinjuku area or the one situated in Akhibara.

For those who crave for Indian food, we tried the south Indian dosais at Dhaba India…one of the best dosais we have ever had and the interior of the restaurant is sober.

We also tried the bowling in the basement of the hotel which was quite fun. But, remember, everything (pool, gym) is extra and you have to pay for it.

The hotel certainly merits more than the one star I give. But, the one star is because I’ll certainly not come back to this hotel. I still think that Keio,which despite the fact may look outdated and constructed by Kremlin architects, is one of the best price vs. quality hotels in Tokyo.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
9  Thank PIERRE-QUI-ROULE
Reviewed May 5, 2009

The Prince Park Tower is an attractive hotel near Tokyo Tower. Despite its central location, it is near no restaurants. As a result, if one is tired after a full day, one is tempted to eat in the hotel rather than take a costly cab ride or walk 20 minutes to a neighborhood where there are some eating places. All the restaurants in the hotel are extremely expensive, although a modest dinner for 2 can be had in the hotel's Chinese restaurant for $70 USD.

We had a comfortable, fairly decent-size room with a GREAT bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a terrific shower. But everything in this hotel is a hassle, at least for non-Japanese. This was the only hotel in Japan (out of 4) where we felt this way.

The reception clerk gave us a problem about honoring my membership in their "club" for foreigners, the benefits of which include breakfast and access to their Premium Lounge. Incidently, their Premium Lounge is the least "premium" of any club lounge that I have ever experienced anywhere in the world. Stale nuts, stale crackers, a plate of fruit and a few cubes of foil-wrapped processed cheese are hardly worth a return visit. To boot, the hostess could not understand any language but Japanese, making the ordering of a drink difficult. Unlike club lounges in other hotels, the Prince Park Tower doesn't trust their guests to pour their own drinks, not even non-alcoholic drinks.

The concierge answered questions but never made a suggestion, like they did in other Japanese hotels we stayed at -- as a result, I had a lot more research to do than I should have.

The air conditioning was broken and was never fixed. Getting turn-down service at night was a hassle. Using the business center computer was a hassle.

Unless you get a real deal, with breakfast included, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cando
Reviewed April 25, 2009

I stayed in a 'standard twin' room at the The Prince Park Tower for 5 nights from 12th April. In consensus with many of the other reviewers it is a 'very good' hotel. However, I don't think I can go as far to say it is 'great'!

The staff were very helpful and courteous (as you come to expect in Japan). The room it self I felt was fairly generic - similar in quality and size to many hotels I've stayed in across Asia.

The location is not a strong point. Apart from the Tokyo Tower there is not much nearby, and I didn't come across many restaurants etc. close to the hotel. However, for me, this wasn't a big deal as there were two subway stations within a 5-10 minute walk.

The one thing that I felt let the hotel down is the lobby area. I thought it poor compared to other hotels I've stayed in of a comparable class. It's fairly small and there aren't enough chairs etc.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo