Lowest prices for your stay
$61
Free cancellation until 12/18/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$61
Free cancellation until 12/16/21
Agoda.com
$44
Hotels.com$61
Priceline$49
Hurb$67
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2019

I booked this hotel because I liked my November 2018 stay. However, there are a lot of changes from my previous booking which my Citi Prestige Concierge booked via Hotels.com. The room we stayed was so smelly and the sheets weren’t changed despite my request! My baby had created some stains on the linen and I was surprised to find the same stain on the same spot when I came back. The guy doing the cleaning just flipped the duvet :( So disappointed. I wonder if this was because I was offered a room upgrade for only 5K yen for 5 nights and I refused? Probably this room was really filthy to begin with :( I am very sad about this incident and I will not bringing the issue downstairs at the lobby because they will have a hard time understanding me. Thus, I am writing a review in text.

Trip type: Traveled with family
monginza, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Monterey Ginza, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2019

Thank you very much for using our hotel from several hotels this time. Also, thank you very much for your kind opinion during busy. We strive to make guests comfortable staying. Sincerey Yours,

Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

From the Qantas booking it looked delightful...elegant old world hotel..however..in reality .our first impression at the front desk was not so good. I have travelled japan and stayed in 6 different hotel chains. from Diaichi to mystay as well as ryokons so I know what good service in Japan looks like. the girls at the front desk when we booked in really could nt be bothered...the one who eventually served me had serious attitude. It was too painful to serve me...it didnt get any better. this hotel is frequented by japanese and asian travellers. other travellers were not welcome.

The night staff gentleman when I had to go the red cross at ryponggi was very helpful. my son had broken his leg. other than that we were not given any assistance. We had to leave the hotel 3 nights in advance and I was told very clearly that I wasnt getting a refund even though I hadnt asked. A man behind the desk also told me if I check out I cant come back. then demanded I pay 410yen for the phone call made that morning..(to qantas)...all in all if you are a foreigner try mitsui gardens or my stay.
on the up side just across the road two great little convenience stores.super friendly a drug store as well. and some great bars.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank HappyT215
Reviewed July 12, 2019

This is an older hotel with bigger rooms than the newer hotels in Japan. The check in/out process was quick. The staff members were pleasant and polite as all Japanese are - yes, we encountered the most polite group of people among all groups on our travels. During our ten day trip to Japan, we did not encounter one Japanese person who had an attitude problem. Everyone was calm and amazingly polite. Everyone from hotel staff, clerks at stores, restaurant servers, employees at train stations, etc... were courteous.

Back to the hotel...they let you leave your luggage at the front desk for free after check out if you have a later flight. The hotel is a short walk from Tokyo station which makes it convenient to catch the Narita Express to the airport. There are many shops nearby; however, clothing in these shops were extremely pricey. Restaurants in this area were more expensive than in other areas of Tokyo as well. We were lucky to find two reasonably priced restaurants that served excellent sushi in this area.

Overall, the hotel is decent for the price we paid.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
monginza, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Monterey Ginza, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Thank you for your stay our hotel, and give us good comments. we are very glad to hear your comments. We try to improve our hospitality. Our hotel is located in convenient place.So, we hope you have a good time to stay us again. Best Regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2019

I usually like to stay in Ginza during my Tokyo trips as it is a central location and I can enjoy proximity to high street and uncountable number of eating and drinking options..

But only challenging part about my choice is that it is difficult to get a decent spacious room at my budget. This time I was fortunate to get Hotel Monterey in my budget and this has been one of my best hotel stay in Ginza.

The rooms are spacious (which is rare in Tokyo especially this area).

Service is excellent.. The hotel staff is prompt and helpful.

Location is good, surrounded by multiple eating outlets, 24 hrs convenience stores.

It is a must recommended hotel for everyone wanting to stay in Ginza...

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank RakshitM_12
monginza, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Monterey Ginza, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2019

Thank you for your stay our hotel, and give comments. we are very glad to hear your comments. We try to improve our hospitality. Our hotel is located in convenient place.So, we hope you have a good time to stay us again. Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed June 13, 2019

Located in the CBD, it is an older style, renovated hotel with medium sized rooms. The room temperature was too hot for our liking with the a/c controlled remotely by hotel with no user adjustment. The beds were comfortable, although the pillows were too soft for our liking. A Good breakfast was included with a large variety of both Japanese and Western foods. Free bottled water supplied in room along with free WiFi with a reasonable speed. The shower was over the bath. The bath has high sides which would be an issue for those with mobility or balance issues. A good range of toiletries were included.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
monginza, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel Monterey Ginza, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2019