All reviews fish market family mart great location tokyo station twin room haneda airport department store transport links short walk ramen restaurant excellent hotel within walking distance major shopping hotel is situated air purifier restaurant reservations high end
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

You are paying for the location for this hotel. The hotel is in the middle of Ginza, with great access to the shops.

The rooms are quite dated and in need of a makeover. The staff also weren’t as helpful and welcoming as the staff in other hotels we experienced across Japan.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

This is not a 5* hotel presumably because it does not have a full service restaurant. But it felt like one due to the well designed and maintained rooms. Lovely place to stay in central Kyoto for a reasonable price.

Would recommend to anyone

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Great hotel at a very good location. Stayed in a triple room. The room size is of Tokyo’s standard.. with very little room to move around as expected of Tokyo’s hotel. A very short walk to both Ginza & Higashi-ginza station. Amenities provided in the room is excellent.. replenish daily. They paid special attention for the little kids need too. Very satisfied

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ce_dev007
Reviewed May 21, 2018

The room was very well appointed with (unusual for this price range) a separate and comfortable sitting area where you can also enjoy a takeaway meal, which incidentally had a safe hidden beneath the sofa.

The location is good with shops all around, including a department store. The hotel provides a free smart phone which was very handy for directions. They called a taxi for me to take me to Tokyo station (where I was to catch the Shinkansen to Kyoto) whilst I relaxed in the lobby until it arrived, and carrying my luggage for me when it did which was good service.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2018

We stay here regularly because of the location near shops, restaurants and convenience stores. It's a 3 minute walk to the major shopping streets in the posh Ginza neighborhood (Matsuya department store, Chanel, Fendi, etc.). There are 2 Starbucks branches within 3 minutes walk.

While it is possible to take a direct subway from Haneda airport to the hotel (the nearest subway stop "Higashi Ginza" is one minute away and you don't have to change trains), this 30 minute option requires you to carry your luggage up the subway staircase (exit A8). We opted instead for a 25 minute taxi ride at a cost of JPY 7,800.

I agree with a previous reviewer about the service being barely average from the Japanese staff. It seemed that they were unwilling to help us because of the language barrier, though they were unfailingly polite at all times. There was only one receptionist who spoke passable English and helped us with restaurant reservations upon arrival. (our request to reserve restaurants prior to arrival, via email, was denied)

The rooms are definitely compact if you are used to US-sized hotel rooms. Our floor space in our twin room was barely big enough to open my luggage. However, they were neat and tidy, with all the amenities you could think of (hair cuticle oil, face wash and a decent hair conditioner).

If you are an independent traveler like me and don't require much assistance from the front desk, then this is central hotel would probably suit you as a practical base.

For a holiday treat, I would look at the 4* Millennium Mitsui hotel, which is a short stroll away.

Date of stay: May 2018