“Amazing coffee..probably best ever had ”
Review of Cafe de Lambre - CLOSED

Cafe de Lambre
Neighborhood: Tokyo Station / Ginza / Nihonbashi
Neighborhood: Tokyo Station / Ginza / Nihonbashi
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Now I'm European and I've been sipping coffee since I was born so really hard to tell whether it is the best coffee I've ever had but definitely top 5. The atmosphere reminds me of old French bar, almost like a nice speak easy transformed into coffee shop. The staff is welcoming, had a great time talking with the lady Hayashi san and the boys too.

If you are in Ginza don't go to Starbucks or Doutor, try this place they prepare coffee the old traditional way!

Will be back every Sundays.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed March 3, 2017

I was determined to make it to Cafe de L'Ambre during my stay in Tokyo, and I am oh so glad I did. Having tried 2 coffees late this afternoon (one from 2004, the other from 2002), there is a chance that sleep may not come easy. But it was worth it.

The coffees were luscious, the staff friendly and meticulous, and the ambience of the place just draws you in. I could have stayed for hours.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 13, 2017

Imagine if a coffee shop was actually just about the coffee...this spot, which has been here since 1948 is about coffee and only coffee. There are only 20 seats and regulars would came in constantly for a small, strong cup of joe crafted by hand from what I can only describe as coffee artisans. Beans are measured out per cup, grand and then steeped manually into beautiful, smooth cups of black elegance. Nothing fancy here, just great coffee. Note, a cup runs $7 - 10 each but its worth it if you love the flavor.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed November 20, 2016

Love that once you enter this little coffee shop with the old-style bar and working ice box, you seem to just go back in time. But the best part is how they meticulously prepared everything by hand and how the coffee beans have been aged from 7 to 23 year. Amazing coffee! Try the iced versions as well.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed November 16, 2016

I am a lover of coffee and I can appreciate really good coffee, this place as really good coffee beans a good range of fresh and aged coffee. This place has alot of history. A great place to go to relax and enjoy some good coffee.

Date of visit: August 2016