All reviewswalking distancesalvatore cuomopizzashopping arearecommend this hoteldaiwa roynetamu plazatoto toilettrain stationgreat valuejuiceone nightthe ground floorwallyenforeignersinformation
Reviewed May 25, 2018

Duration 28 April – 02 May
Room 4th floor facing the monorail track

Compact room and yet there are space for a huge luggage and and more.

This is also one of the those Japanese hotel that trust people. They believe in the goodness of human and this extends to foreigners. They told me, that the hotel has never lost anything and that they respect all guests.

The star employee is Nakamura, a young man from Mojiko. Totally helpful in local areas as well as information, so that I can visit the Wisteria Garden at Yahata and also his home town at Mojiko. He told me to buy his favourite pastry, Torimon, which I did and certainly a great pastry to buy at Fukuoka.

I, must also "Thank" him for making arrangement to sell me, the mobile charging cable.

Breakfast was downstairs and it is compact and I like both the good food and ambience. Staff were great.

I am humbled at check out that the lady that does the check out, bowed to me, while waiting till the elevator door is closed. I can understand that it is a Japanese culture, but it was an honour that I will never forget. Such great staff that they have. It touched my heart

Room Tip: My room faces the mono rail and it is fine.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2018

Stayed 4-nights at the Daiwa Roynet and it far exceeded my expectations on all counts for a budget-priced hotel.
Modern, clean and comfortable with helpful and accommodating staff. Easily accessible from Kokura Station [200m] for Shinkansen, JR Trains and Monorail as well as Airport Bus to Kitakyushu Airport. Well-served by local amenities; behind the hotel are a series of pedestrian shopping arcades with a multitude of shops, restaurants, etc.; opposite the hotel is a big Department Store (Colet I'm) with another at nearby Kokura Station (Amu Plaza) - both of which are open until late.
Attractions such as Kokura Castle, Riverside Walk and Tanga Market are only a short walk away from the hotel whereas other more further afield attractions were just a few stops by train from Kokura Station (e.g.: Yahata, Space World, Mojiko and Shimonoseki).
For me, a plus point was the excellent Western Restaurant (Salvatore Cuomo) on the Ground Floor. On the negative side, the absence of TV channels in English is no big deal and probably more reflective of the fact that Kitakyushu is a bit off-the-map as far as the average foreign tourist is concerned.
All-in-all, a thoroughly enjoyable stay at good well-run hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend the corner room. 7th Floor has a laundromat, a microwave and vending machines dispensing drinks.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2018

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for two nights. The hotel is located two min walking far from JR Kokura station. The room is enough wide and very clean. I think you can comfortably stay at this hotel. The fee of parking is 1000 yen from 14:00- 11:00.
Breakfast is a buffet style and 1350 yen. It was good. I highly recommend this hotel for the foreign tourists or family. You can visit Kokura castle, 10 min walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: You can select smoking rooms.
Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 963hiros
Reviewed March 18, 2018

Spent two nights at this Daiwa Roynet Hotel location. This is a Japanese chain primarily geared at business travelers. Do not expect the staff to be fluent in English, but they manage well enough. It is an easy walk from the Kokura train station, even dragging your luggage. We booked at Superior Double room, the bed was about the size of an American King. The room was smaller than I expected, with one side of the bed against the wall. But there was a very nice massage chair in the room and a desk, coffee maker, mini fridge (I don't think it had a mini-bar). The bathroom was spacious with a very nice rain head shower in the wet room, along with a tub. Bathroom amenities package provided were very nice. And of course the wonderful Toto toilet, with all the bells and whistles. :-) I found the bed to be too firm for me, but my DH slept just fine. And the room is very quiet.
There is a buffet breakfast offered either as part of a room package when you book the room or you can pay separately if you decide to eat there later (I think it was around 1200 yen). I did the room package deal. Breakfast buffet is offered in the Pizza Salvatore Cuomo restaurant on the first floor. It is billed as a Japanese/European breakfast, and it did offer some runny scrambled eggs, fried potato slices, sausage, and breakfast pastries. Corn flakes was the only cereal offered. A selection of juices. Japanese soups, rice, toppings for the rice, some vegetables, etc... I appreciated the availability of some European/American breakfast items, found plenty to eat.
For dinner, there are plenty of options nearby, including a selection of restaurants in the mall across the street. Our daughter lives in Kitakyushu, so she had her favorite restaurants, we did not explore much on our own.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Modern, clean and great location. There are more spacious rooms on the corner that can fit extra bed and cozy enough for 3 people. Comfortable bed and bathroom. Walking distance to shinkansen station and AMU plaza as well as tonnes of restaurants. Real great value hotel in Kitakyushu.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
ダイワロイネットホテル小倉駅前, フロント at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kokura Ekimae, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you for using this time.
We are looking forward to seeing you again

Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kokuraekimae Ogawa