Tripadvisor
Miyakojima
Post
Inbox
Search
Globalwheels Touring and Road Bike Rental (Osaka)
Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Reviewed August 22, 2019
SoMuchToSeeWorldwide
Winchester, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews road bike repair kit biking tour route kyoto gareth helmets kobe bikes japan petals cyclists ride organisation ferry river station
Selected filters
Reviewed November 9, 2019

From the moment we arrived in Kyoto where Ian greeted us with coffee to our final destination and friendly chat with Gareth in Osaka we had a great time. The bikes were fantastic and very well taken care of. The price was such great value for money. We had such a fantastic day, would highly recommend for cyclists of all levels.

Ps. We easily sent our luggage ahead of us direct to our hotel using Giga Rabbit service.

Thanks Globalwheel!! We will definitely be back

Date of experience: November 2019
Globalwheelsroadbike, General Manager at Globalwheels Touring and Road Bike Rental (Osaka), responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2019

Thanks for cycling with us Aoife and thanks also for the kind words! We're glad you two enjoyed yourselves on the ride and we hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Asia. Nice bit of advice on Giga Rabbit service too! Team GW.

Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

I had a ride around Lake Biwa down as a bucket list ride I wanted to do when I visited Japan with my family. Finding decent road bike rental in Kyoto was proving tricky from the U.K. until I luckily discovered Globalwheels while searching on the internet. Even though they are based in Osaka, they were able to deliver a Giant Contend road bike to the hotel I was staying in in Kyoto. Gareth, one of the owners delivered the bike personally. Unfortunately the hotel couldn’t store the bike so Gareth helped to find secure storage near the hotel. The bike was in perfect condition and I had an amazing ride around Lake Biwa (Japan’s largest Inland Lake). Needless to say after the ride Gareth arranged to collect the bike from the hotel. Top service and I can certainly recommend Globalwheels for great service when hiring a bike in Japan.

Date of experience: July 2019
Globalwheelsroadbike, General Manager at Globalwheels Touring and Road Bike Rental (Osaka), responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2019

Many thanks for riding with us and taking the time to review, Andy. We really appreciate your time! We are glad we could assist you and help you explore Japan by bike. Safe cycling back home! Regards Team GW.

Reviewed June 24, 2019

I was tempted to Japan from Scotland by a surprisingly affordable airfare. Not a country I would have initially considered for a cycling holiday. Not wanting the hassle of bringing my own bike I opted for a bike hire and all roads led to Glowbalwheels. Even for me, a confirmed technophobe, everything from booking, payment, arrangements, bike pick-up etc. was straightforward and hassle free. I hired a road bike and it was ideal for my requirements, small frame in excellent condition. My 12 day route took me to Kyoto, around Lake Biwa, then a loop along the coasts of Mie and Wakayama. Usually staying a couple of nights (hostels and airb&B) in each location. Cycling in Japan was a revelation while the cities are a huge urban sprawl the countryside and coast is pure magic. All my concerns regarding language, food, traffic, costs were proved wrong. I would definitely do it all again and I have no qualms about recommending Globalwheeels, excellent service and a great bike.

Date of experience: May 2019
Globalwheelsroadbike, General Manager at Globalwheels Touring and Road Bike Rental (Osaka), responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Many thanks for riding with us and taking the time to review! We really appreciate it and we are really glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Japan. Safe cycling back home in Scotland! Kindest Regards from Team GW.

Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

Me and my Dad visited Japan for 2 weeks. We’ve cycled from Osaka via Kyoto to Hiroshima on bikes rented with Ian.

Before the trip Ian was a great help in plotting the route and advice on where to go.

The materials rented were of great quality and during the trip Ian helped us out with questions on the route and with finding a local bike repair shop when needed.

All in all Globalwheels enabled us to have a great experience in Japan. I can strongly recommend them to everyone who is looking for a fun bike holiday in Japan.

Regards,

Quinten

Date of experience: June 2019

Hi Quinten. Many thanks for riding with us and taking the time to review! We really appreciate it and we are really glad to hear that you and your Dad enjoyed cycling in Japan. Safe cycling back home!
Kindest Regards from Team GW.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

- Great alloy roadbikes for rent, the best in Japan
- easy, flexible negotiation (e.g. frame size, bike type) by email IN ENGLISH OR JAPANESE
- seamless payment by web form and credit card
- easy pickup from bike store conveniently located near Sakuranomiya station on the Osaka loop line
- bike store also located adjacent to Yodo river cycling route - no riding on busy Osaka roads required!
- great, flexible, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly staff with English as first language

Date of experience: May 2019
Globalwheelsroadbike, General Manager at Globalwheels Touring and Road Bike Rental (Osaka), responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Many thanks again for riding with us and taking the time to review. We really appreciate it! We are glad you had a good trip and hope to help you explore more of Japan again in the future. Kindest RegardsTeam GW.