2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$55
Priceline$57
Trip.com$58
1,907 results
All reviews namba station great location glico man minute walk famous glico modern hotel japanese standards shops and restaurants buffet breakfast central location dotonbori area shopping street room size osaka toilet action bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Very good hotel if you are traditional Japanese - maybe British girl love it too, but not for Western business person (esp. male!!!).
Best point is bath room. In the separate bath room you can pour hot water on you like traditional Japanese does, tub has enough size, thus a person with 6 feet tall should fit in there quite nicely.
Next good point is that you do not sit down in front of mirror when you use PC on your desk, so that I do not see my ugly froggy face all the time.
Having said so, the hotel building seems to be quite dated, even renovation has done recently you can see it is quite old fashioned structure. Also the hotel would like itself to be a designer hotel, but I do not see much point on those design.
All in all, although I would not recommend other people, I liked my stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The hotel is perfectly located, two minutes walk from the restaurants and shops of Dotonburi and fifteen minutes walk from Shinsaibashi (to the north) and Namba Park (to the south). Rooms are modern and clean and the bathrooms of a very decent size. There is also a good sized fridge (empty) so you can stock up on drinks etc from the Lawson convenience store one minute away. As far as hotels go in Japanese cities, this is one of the best in terms of value for money. There is also a shuttle bus service that takes you to the airport for 1500 yen. It's the second time I have stayed here and would definitely recommend the hotel to others.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I went to this Hotel last year.
and I found it at the internet. However, it surprised me good ! I like it!
first. the location is good, next to Nanba Station ( the big station )
second, the environment is good, right on the main street, not at the most busy area, so not much noise but easy to walk to main shopping street.
Second, the room size is good enough for 2 suitcases,
THIRD, the main good feature, is the washroom, it's SO BIG, so after a long day walk, I can have a great shower, and have a hot tub, and they are using good quality shampoo and soap.
it was so refreshing after the bath !

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kennykty75
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The hotel is above average- I wish there was something in between average and good.
The hotel location is excellent, right smack in the epicenter of the busy Dotombori & Shinsaibashi area near Namba in the Minami (south) district of Osaka.
The bathroom is one of the largest I have seen anywhere in the world. Probably the second largest I have seen. Bigger than some apartments in Hong Kong.
The service is ok...but below expectations. Once again as I mentioned in one of my other reviews (inflexible check-in time). Also when we asked for transport to the airport.. no mention was made of the Rap:t (fast train) to Kansai airport...instead they tried to flog us a shuttle bus...which would take 1.5 hours (instead of 27 mins).
Anyway there are also other minor service issues, which detracted from an average average stay. Not bad, good value, free wifi, good location.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank tommacau
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Be careful ! You will get over sleep. This hotel has a nice bath. It is absolutely Japanese style. The big bath is for 2 persons entered. Here does not have WiFi connection. So, I recommend that you better bring your own laptop. Enjoy...