See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

You get what you pay for is right. $25 for a night sleeping on a hard surface in what is quite possibly the noisiest hotel /hostel - type setup I've ever stayed in. I'm writing this right now after having been kept awake by other guests all night who have been talking, repacking bags, blowdrying their hair, slamming doors, etc. since 1130 pm. It is now 5 am.
This is my second and final night here, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as it's been the same experience both nights. Decent enough facilities but truly inconsiderate guests.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank lmoc123
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

I'm just been there last night with my boyfriend (but stay separate floor).
They have a few staff in this place. But it's have one staff : the man with glasses who's i really unacceptable.
1. When i will go outside and needs to drop the key. I did its. But just one time i forgot, he shout so loud and say KEY KEY KEY with the very very very moody face.
I said : please be polite i just forgot its.

2. I wear the slipper (toilet shoe) come to downstair to get my own slipper that in my boyfriend's backpack then i ask my boyfriend bring it's to me (this case i'm wrong..but just downstair inside the lobby and the floor was so cold). The glasses staff see me. Then he speak the japanese language to me with loud voice+moody face+RUDELY Action.
I said : i don't understand what you say, please speak english.
So he talk to another staff who's can speak english. They thought that i will steal their (DIRTY+OLD) Slipper and wear to outside.
I try to explain them that i just come downstair and waiting for my own slipper from my boyfriend. They don't care!! Only told me to take the slipper back to the toilet.

3.On the morning...check out 10.00 am.
With my honest i'm late about 10 miniute.
Then i face to the rudely glasses staff again (in lift). As everytime moody face!!...then he talk to me.
He (with loud voice /Speak English with japanese pronunciations) : CHECK OUT TIME at 10.00 o'clock...10 o'clock ... umhmm...10 o'clock [So IRRITATE] then he look at my watch and give me a irritate face again.

OK!! Now.. i want to get out from this place immediately. I needs to take my shoe to wear outside (i walk out with bare feet .. so cold) and he close the door. BANG!!!

I just thinks OH MY GOD!!
I Travel to so many country, BUT NEVER EVER stay any accommodation like this before.
♢ UNWELCOME
♢ RUDELY
♢ IRRITATE
♢ SHOUT LOUD TO GUEST.

OH MY GOD.
What. ...CK!!

■ My boyfriend also say to me (when we been kick out from there)
About
10.00 am. , He waiting for me at the lobby. 10.01 am. , Staff try to do every to make him get out.
10.05 , He waiting for me outside..stand near the main door.
THEN The glasses staff throw the garbage bag to beside my boyfriend.

OH MY GOD.

Please, BE CAREFUL if you wanna stay this place.
2 PAX = 5200 Yen. not cheapest in osaka.

Tonight, i stay in KYOTO
2 PAX. = 5500 Yen. PRIVATE ROOM/Share Bathroom .. very small but peaceful and the staff have very good service mind, l really Love its and very happy now.

GOOD LUCK.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2017

I stayed one night here just for the experience..and I enjoyed it.

The cube is big enough for my 5ft petite self. I can sit up straight without crouching. There's TV which has less than 10 local channels, a clock with alarm, adjustable lights and electrical sockets. At the entrance, there is a pull-down blinds partition that hooks at the bottom for privacy (by law, capsules are not allowed to be 'locked'..if i remember correctly).

Capsules for men and women are separate and on different floors. Entrance to the room for women's capsules can only be accessed by card provided by the staff.

Your capsule is the same number as the key given to you for the shoe locker. There is also a free locker (again,use the same number as your key) inside the room with a robe, 2 towels and some toiletries. The locker, however, is narrow..about 1 foot wide, 2-3 ft tall and long (just an estimate)..so a bulky backpack may not fit inside. I had mine inside the capsule since I can still sleep comfortably even with my bag inside. There is a bigger locker at the basement, I think, but I saw a lot of luggage on the other side of the lockers area. Shampoo, conditioner and body wash are free.

There are about 4-5 toilet cubicles and 6 shower cubicles, I think. There weren't a lot of customer when I was there and I had no problems with noise during my sleep (not that there was any).

It's about 10mins away from Dohtonbori and 5mins away from Namba station Midosuji line so location is great!

All in all, I was satisfied and happy with my first capsule experience. It's perfect for a one night stay, but a bit bothersome for a couple of nights stay since everyone is required to check out and check in every single day. I will stay again should I find myself needing to stay 1 night in Osaka.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank chelleystrip
Reviewed June 25, 2016

Great location and Shinsaibashi shopping arcade is within few minutes walk away. Room was clean, toiletries and hairdryers were provided. Lockers are located on the same floor as sleeping area so it was very noisy when others were using locker or hairdryer. Also, I had to pack my luggage to check out (before 10am) and check in (after 5pm) again daily. New random capsule room number is given daily when checking in.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel months ahead of time and only paid $20 a night for it. The capsules are big enough to hold an average to slightly overweight person but would be a stretch for a taller person as they are only a little over 6ft deep. They appear to be from the 80s and the TVs in them are the old tube type. The channels are all in Japanese. The showers have poor ventilation and make it hard to breathe from all the humidity. The bedding and beds are acceptable but not real great No restaurant on site but there are several within a block. They provide soap, shampoo, toothbrush and a towel but not much else. Biggest complaint was they don't allow you to stay in the hotel from 10am to 5 pm so you have to find something else to do for 7 hours. The first day I got there I walked around downtown Osaka for 5 hours with my luggage waiting for them to open. On the plus side, the staff speak English and seem very polite.

Date of stay: June 2016