Open today: 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Tombori River Cruise
from $30.27
More Info
All reviews tour guide osaka amazing pass spoke japanese motor boat neon lights dotonbori canal ride tickets ticketing clapping yen namba
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2019

The river cruise is only 20 minutes from one end to another on the Tombori river where you will see the buildings and bridges only.

On the boat there will be a person give a short performance on the drum. If you are short of time, give this a miss. Since it was free for Osaka Amazing Pass, so we took a ride since around the place.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

Would not recommand
Useless
Last 20min
You only see a few bridges while breathing the fumes from the boat.
Don't get the hype....
We had to wait almost 1h for this!

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank flamby57
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

For 900 yen I can’t say it’s as exciting as it seems from the shore. It is very difficult if at all to understand the tour guide. You get into this open barge head down the canal for literally 500m turn around and back along the opposite way for about 1km turn around and back.

You get a great shot of the Glico Running Man and the canal from the water.

Meh!!! Would be the words I would use. I would rather use the money and go on the Ferris wheel located right behind where you board the cruise.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

If I could have given it zero I would have done. No English guides. It goes about 100 yards up and down. I learned more from trying to find the ticket office for a refund. Tried Googling everything as we went along but ended up giving up. Don’t waste your time or money. I asked for a refund but had an aggressive response. Horrible.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Boarding point is just in front of Don Quijote at Dotonbori. If you are facing Glico Man, it’s on the left along the river.

Look for the Ticket counter (yellow booth) next to entrance at Don Quijote. The cruise departs about every 10 mins and a loop is about 20 mins, ¥900 per adult. It’ll bring you back to the same spot you board.

The cruise is just a loop along the Dotonbori River where the guide explained briefly about the surrounding sights and the various bridges along this stretch.

The cruise then paused for a little at the Glico Man billboard on the way back so we can take photos. But because we are not allowed to stand on the boat, if you were seated on the opposite side, you wouldn’t be able to get a good picture unless you are really flexible and can twist your body around.

I am of the view that it’s not worth the price I paid. The English commentary is limited (largely due to language I feel) and one can easily walk along the River Walk to see all these bridges, it’s not like you can only see it from the boat. In fact walking properly gives you a clearer view of the bridges especially if you are taking pictures.

Date of experience: February 2019