All reviews free coffee library area rain shower great location nice modern hotel great shower perfect hotel to stay coffee corner bars and restaurants metro station main shopping street at your door step minimalist design boutique hotel shower facilities nicest hotel last leg
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night with my parents. I booked a room with three beds. Enterance of the hotel was welcoming but reception is on the second floor, which isn't that bad. Hotel employees spoke good english. The atmosphere of the hotel was very cosy and nice, until I entered the room.

The room was very very small; there were three beds in the room and that was it. There was no space to put out carriage or to sit. There were few cloth hanger on the wall. We had to put our luggage on our bed to open it.

Air conditioner on the wall was facing against my bed (my face) and it blew directly to my face for all night long. It was quite uncomfortable.

To be fare, bathroom was very nice and has enough place. Breakfast at the hotel is a must! It costs 2000 Yen extra, but it pays off. Location of the hotel is very nice and central, ver close to famous shopping street, shinsaibashi.

I don't know, how other rooms are like, but I would think about the room with three beds for more than twice. Except that, my stay at the hotel was very satisfying.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank wienerknabe
HOTEL_THE_FLAG_S, マネージャー at HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Hello Wienerknabe,

Thank you for having stayed with us and for your review.

We are glad you liked our staff, our breakfast, the general atmosphere of our hotel and our location in central Osaka.
We are sorry you did not appreciate your room, feeling the room too small for you and because of your air conditioning.

We hope you try the Deluxe Twin Room of our hotel next time you stay in Osaka.
This more spacious room should fit your needs for 3 adults.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly greeted by the staff after a long flight from the USA. The staff here are no less than outstanding. I love the spike and elegant design of the room. I had so many questions I asked the front desk - yet the customer service was some of the best I have seen anywhere

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob B
HOTEL_THE_FLAG_S, マネージャー at HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and we are very grateful to receive your review. We are always happy to help create your wonderful Osaka experience. It is so glad to hear that you love our design and you enjoyed the stay with us! We look forward to see you again in someday in Osaka.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

I was first impressed by their outstanding customer service - they even had the patience to let me try speaking in Japanese! Then I was very impressed by the room and the modern appointments to the entire suite. I really appreciate the staff for making my stay memorable.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank sfensrb1
HOTEL_THE_FLAG_S, マネージャー at HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for your review! We are so happy to welcome you and very glad to hear that you like our service and design. Our staff also come from many countries, we are happy to share Japanese culture and every different cultures with everyone comes to HOTEL THE FLAG! Having guests like you, also make our day memorable. We hope to see you again in your next time in Osaka.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

The triple room is small but the amenities are great - the lobby is spacious and there is plenty of space to hang out, with books to read, complimentary coffees and laundry facilities to boot. What makes this place a great choice is the very helpful and excellent staff. The location is also ideal - especially for a brief visit to this great city.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank TouringFamily500
HOTEL_THE_FLAG_S, フロント オフィス マネージャー at HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the kind comment.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay despite of the room size.
We all look forward to seeing you again in your next trip to Osaka!

Reviewed July 26, 2018

I think this hotel is designed by Ikea, because the room was so small that we had to put away our belongings into nooks and crannies found around the room. We had a triple room and the room was just big enough to accomodate the 3 beds (I know it is Japan, but still), the extra space was not even large enough to open up a suitcase. There was no closet, just a few hangers, and we found the layout of the room very inconvenient for a family. The worst thing about this hotel was the aircon, it blew right into your face and there is no where you can turn to escape the draft. I finally adjusted the wind direction upwards but still, i did not have one night of good sleep there. Apart from the above, the location is very convenient, the staff helpful, everything spick and span, and the coin laundry on the 2nd floor super convenient. I would not say it is a bad hotel but i would not stay here again because i could not get a good night sleep there because of the aircon.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank foreverglobetrotter
HOTEL_THE_FLAG_S, マネージャー at HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thank you for staying with us during your time in Osaka! We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the triple room and air conditioner. However, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff, location and shared space facilities! If you come back to Osaka again, we recommend trying the Deluxe Twin room for your stay. You may find it roomier and more comfortable for your family. We hope you enjoyed your travels!