All reviews coffee corner hanging space great shower within walking distance shinsaibashi station coffee machine triple room great location booked this hotel one night hotel is located blowdryer smartphone daimaru towels hangers korean
Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

We spent two days at The Flag which is literally in the center of Osaka. Modern hotel with stylish architecture and interior. Good service and a warm welcome. Spacy room with comfy bed and modern equipment (including hight-tec toilette).Totally recommended!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
HOTEL_THE_FLAG_S, マネージャー at HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for your warm comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 31, 2018

We had booked 3 nights to stay at the 'Cross Hotel' just down the road but after arriving to a dated, dirty room decided to cancel and move to 'Hotel The Flag'. Best decision we've made on the holiday!

The hotel is brand spanking new and is very stylish and classy in its decor. The staff couldn't have been more helpful offering us advice and printing tickets for our trip to Universal Studios. The room itself was spotless and again, very stylish. The bathroom is the best we've had on our 3 week holiday in Japan so far. No silly small baths or low down shower heads mounted on the wall. Instead a huge, airtight walk-in style shower with a powerful 'rainfall' style head'. You also cannot fault the location. You are surrounded by small bars and restaurants but are not inundated with tourists and drunks.

Overall I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
HOTEL_THE_FLAG_S, 支配人 at HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Thank you so much for staying and the warm comment.We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
(Hope you had a great time in Universal Studio,too) We are all looking forward to seeing you again in your next trip to Osaka!

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

It is the very first time that I can't wait to write a hotel review before checking out. I arrived with my sisters and niece early in the morning, 3pm check-in has been expected but I still tried to approach Front Desk and see if there's a chance for us to check into our rooms earlier. The staff on duty were extremely kind to keep coordinating with the Housekeeping staff in order to accommodate our request. Our rooms were ready at 1pm finally. It was indeed a great help since we were all tired after taking a red-eyed flight. Everyone whom we dealt with, from Front Desk to the restaurant, have been friendly, polite, professional and accommodating. This is my third visit to Osaka and I stayed at Swisshotel the last two times. I found Hotel The Flag on Hotels.com and decided to give it a try due to its cool design from outside to inside. I fell in love with this lovely hotel the moment I walked in. I will recommend Hotel The Flag to whoever goes to Osaka. The 15 mins' walk from the Nankai Namba Station can definitely be off set by the excellent customer service extended by the team of staff. I will have no hesitation to return to Hotel The Flag in my future visits!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Feiehk
HOTEL_THE_FLAG_S, マネージャー at HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for your warm comment!
We are glad you gave us a try and that you are enjoying your stay. We will always do our best to satisfy you.
We hope that you will stay again in our hotel!

Reviewed May 25, 2018

We stayed at Hotel the Flag in Shinsaibashi for two nights in the middle of May. The hotel was very new and did not have many reviews yet, still we booked and took a chance on this new fresh hotel. We were more than satisfied, we were amazed about how well everything worked, the location, the friendly staff, free wifi and well equipped rooms. Best parts were:

1) The location. The hotel is situated literally in the middle of buzzling Osaka city centre, Shinsaibashi district, but on a quiet street (no noices at all, great for sleeping). All the hundreds of small restaurants and bars + Shinsaibashi shopping street where just around the corner (2minutes). And maybe 10 minute walk to Dotonbori canal.

2) Getting there. The hotel is situated within short walking distance, even carrying luggage, from Shinsaibashi metro station and Nagahoribashi metro station, both easily accessible from airport and train station.

3) Staff and service. Both were great, good service and very friendly staff through out our stay. There was a coffee machine in the lobby, so free Cafe Latte or Cappuccino all day long - not bad. The breakfast was good, offered lots of variety, for both asian taste and european taste.

4) Room. It was very clean and new and well equipped. Rather small, as we had a room for three with three single beds, but so are all rooms in Japan. The shower was amazing. Also the free wifi connection was very good allover the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Osaka and who wants to stay in the city center. We walked everywhere and it was great.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are so happy that you gave us a try and are enjoying it!
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is fairly standard; it’s a nice, new and well designed hotel, and the showers are fantastic. The location is also excellent. What really makes this place special is the staff. If we needed directions or restaurant suggestions, they were eager to help and their recommendations were really good. I became very ill with a cold on my second day there and the staff went above and beyond in helping me find medical assistance. We extended our stay which was no problem for them to arrange, and they genuinely cared about our wellbeing. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Osaka, this is the hotel to stay at.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
HOTEL_THE_FLAG_S, マネージャー at HOTEL THE FLAG Shinsaibashi, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Thank you so much for choosing HOTEL THE FLAG on your special occasion. We are glad that you are feeling better. And we are so happy to receive your nice comments.
We look forward to seeing you again when you are full of energy!