All reviews ferris wheel back alley first floor min walk visit osaka the hotel reception room type ramen room size japanese hotels umeda english station futon nightlife convenience
Reviewed April 22, 2018

the cost is not expensive considering its 10 minutes walk to main stations like Osaka or Umeda, though it is located in nightlife area but nothing to be worried about. Staffs are very polite and supportive.
We landed at KIX and traveled by bus to the nearest stop at New Hankyu hotel next to Umeda train station, walking to the hotel is easy using Google maps + compass app, or just look for the big Red Ferris wheel on top of Hepfive and go to that direction.
The Family Mart store just at the front 1-min walk to the hotel. The building entrance is cleverly partitioned to isolate from the nightlife surrounding if you walk in the night, the hotel reception always has at least 2-3 staffs to welcome you.
on the first floor there is dining area you can have some light meal, sink and filtered water is also provided.
We booked the Japanese type room, so it is futon instead of bed, suitable for our children who frequently move themselves around while sleeping. the room is good with fair size bathroom with tub. Only that this room type is only on second floor which close to 'smoking room' sometimes we can smell it but in the room it is no issue.
there is no breakfast option at the hotel, so we went out for convenience stores for breakfast, no issues.

Very good value for the money!

Room tip: Japanese futon rooms can be convenient if you are family with children, more space
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2018

It was my first time to visit Osaka and I’m glad i have chosen this place to stay. I am fortunate that this place is near to ICHIRAN restaurant the best ramen in town! What a bonus! You can never go wrong with any japanese hotels because cleanliness is a part of their culture. This hotel is near restaurants and malls. I will love to stay here again next time.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is small but room space is bigger than many Japan downtown hotels. I will say hotel staff are very warm towards all guests and they can remember the inhouse guests, that impress me due to it's not 4 or 5 star hotel. Location is very good compare with the budget and I will recommend to my friends who will visit Osaka/Umeda area.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Nice staff. They can communicate few English but willing to help. Clean room with standard amenities (Japanese standard). Lots of restuarant nearby. Hard to find hotel at first (It located in restuarant zone that you wouldn't think you find hotel in there)

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2017

The hotel staff are polite, pleasant, friendly and helpful. It is staffed 24 hours a day and there are always plenty of staff at the desk so you are not kept waiting. Most of the staff have some knowledge of English, but I suggest you use simple sentences. It is spotlessly clean. The single rooms are a little small and especially the bathrooms, but this is Japan and you will find that other similarly priced hotels are no different. I guarantee that you will not find a hotel of this quality at the same price in my home town of Sydney, Australia.

Someone once wrote they were put off by the name. May I point out that Kinki is a local geographical area and it has nothing to do with sex. Although this is a night club area (both gay and straight bars) I always feel much safer here than I do in my home town of Sydney.

It is close to the Umeda shopping area and close to Hankyu railway and subway stations. It is about 20 minutes walk from JR station. There are some good train sushi restaurants close too. The hotel does not supply breakfast. I always have my breakfast at Antique coffee shop - less than 5 minutes from the hotel. I have a boiled egg, buttered toast and coffee for less than 6 Australian dollars.

Date of stay: August 2017