All reviews train station west exit location location location toilet amenities recommend this hotel canal city definitely stay in this hotel again breakfast place twin room domestic terminal laundry machines counter top front desk staff min walk good size lots of restaurants underground walkway
Selected filters
Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is just located a few steps from one of the Metro exits, and is just a few mins walk to the Hakata station (which links to a few shopping malls that you can easily spend half a day shopping in). As Hakata is centrally located in fukuoka, you can easily travel to other tourism area by metro.

Rooms are large compared to the average japanese rooms in city center, neat and clean, and very reasonably priced. Receptionists are helpful and can communicate well by English. I have stayed in this chain of hotels in other parts of Japan too and highly recommend them to my friends and family.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2017

I chose this hotel for proximity to Hakata station and wow, it was very close! The hotel had a modern touch to it, though small, room size was decent and had sufficient amenities. Breakfast was excellent with a good variety of choices of local food which was delicate too. But if you prefer continental breakfast, there is some choice but not great. But definitely, breakfast was surprisingly good. Pity they would not keep lugguage for one extra day for me since I had to travel to yufuin but wish to leave my luggage in fukuoka. Anyway, it is a very nice and convenient hotel.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2017

I really loved the room, we got three beds for our family, and everything was clean and modern. There was really only one problem, which is that some rooms are smoking rooms. Even though we had a non-smoking room, there was quite a bit of smoke in the hallways, so it is clear that it is not a non-smoking floor and they even put smoking and non-smoking rooms next to each other.
Also, the staff at the front desk was clearly discriminatory toward my family because she did not believe that they were Japanese citizens. I find it a bit disgusting, though it is clearly just reflection of this individual and not the hotel as a whole. I think in general, it would be good if the hotel provided multicultural training to its employees, not just foreign languages.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2017

The JR Kyushu Hotel Blossom Hakata Chuo is located right next to Hakata station which is filled with a tremendous number of restaurants and department stores. It seems impossible to find a more convenient location as transport options are diverse. At the same time, the hotel is in walking distance to major sightseeing and shopping hotspots, such as Tenjin, Nakasu and Gion.

The front desk service is average - fast, but not exactly friendly. The complimentary Wi-Fi works fine. For Japanase standards our standard twin room had a good size with approximately 25 square metres, as the room proportions were perfect. The bathroom fulfilled its purpose.

Overall, we can fully recommend the place.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2016 via mobile

Travelled with my adult daughter and I booked 2 Double Deluxe Rooms, a room each. Location was excellent as I had an early flight internationally the next morning. The station is really close. Big modern room with a large bed and really comfortable bedding. The television didn't have any English channels that I could find but it didn't really matter as the complementary wifi was good. Extremely clean and the reception staff were very friendly and efficient. The only thing that I can see on reflection that could be an improvement would be a portable luggage rack as well as the luggage shelf already in the room. For 2 people each with a bag, it would be handy. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend hotel to others and I hope that I can stay again. Wonderful stay.

Date of stay: December 2016