Fukuoka - and the hotel - are literally only about 5km from the airport and the easiest way to get there is by cab which costs about ¥2,000-2,200.
The Grand Hyatt is definitely located in a great spot. It's central and it's also next to Canal City which is a massive shopping mall and entertainment complex. So, there's no shortage of shops, coffee bars and restaurants, some of which have English menus which is a plus! It is also right by the red light district and the pop up food stalls that the city is known for.
The hotel itself was fairly good but there were certainly a few niggles from our perspective, specifically:
1. You have to pay extra to use the swimming pool.
2. The internet connection isn't always great.
3. The bed was really quite hard.
4. Our room smelt a bit musty.
5. The only non Japanese tv channels are CNN & Discovery but be warned, most of the programmes seem to be dubbed.
However, having said all that, the staff were great, the hotel had provided a wireless internet router in our room prior to arrival as requested and it was a pretty good hotel really.
I haven't tried other hotels in the city but I should imagine this is definitely one of the better ones.More
- Free Wifi