All reviews no elevator convenience store receptionist toilet mins station slippers yen
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We had booked for one night. One twin room for my husband and myself and a triple room for our daughters. We were lucky to have ground floor rooms so can not comment on any noise. Staff member when we arrived was lovely. He spoke good English and wanted to know more about us and where we lived. It was pleasant chatting to him. As we had a hire car he advised cheap overnight parking which we were very pleased with as it WAS cheap compared to what we had paid in other places. Lawsons store is only around the corner as it take away food shop if you need a meal. We spent some time in the evening having a drink and talking in the common room. It was our daughter's birthday and we had bought a cake which we shared. Only one small complaint about the hostel.......not enough bathrooms for women, but apart from that one large complaint about a fellow tenant, was for the selfish woman who dragged my youngest daughter out of the shower while she was still dripping wet (she did not know how to lock this door) she tried to gather up her belongings and dropped her shampoo bottle on her foot that she had recently had a large operation on, causing considerable pain to her. I then waited for this woman to finish showering so I could also have a shower myself and got sick of waiting as she took over 25 minutes in the shower. Unfortunately some people who travel are inconsiderate!!!!!!.....this is NOT the hostel's fault...I would consider returning to thisaccommodation in the future

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I went to Kyushu and stayed at Khaosan Fukuoka for five nights. The price is good -- I mean, don't expect it is right next to the train station -- it is easy to find, within 15 minutes from Hataka station, and there are convenience stores and a 24-hour fast food shop within three-minute's walk. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The crew speaks good English. I'd recommend this hostel to backpackers!

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at Khaosan Fukuoka. First night was terrible. We were given a room (202) right next to the main road on the second floor and we could hear vehicles passing the road the whole night. The curtain was very thin and couldn't block the light from the street. There was an air-conditioner but no remote control and the room was freezing cold. The pillow was super small and was rather uncomfortable. Things were slightly better when we shifted to the ground floor the next day. There was no window but this also meant that the ground floor room was quieter and darker and we were able to sleep better the 2nd night. There is no escalator here and good luck to those who come with heavy suitcases. We do not mind the common shower but for the ladies there is only I cubicle on the ground floor and another one on the 3rd floor.

Room tip: Try not to stay in rooms which are next to the road
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Especially if you're traveling alone, Khaosan can't be beat. Their crew is great and speak English quite well. The crowd coming in and out is always a charmingly eclectic bunch, and with a spacious common area on the third floor complete with living room and kitchen, you won't feel lonely. The rooms, both single and dorm style, are super comfortable. Much more so than most hotels I stayed in. Absolutely recommend, even if you can afford someplace more traditional.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at the hostel, good friendly staff, fair price, fast internet good showers, very much enjoyed my stay , yes its a little trek to hakata station but 15 mins at the most or if your feeling really lazy grab the bus opposite the honda showroom for a 100yen will def recomend other travellers to stay there!

Often full depending on what time of year you go, best to reserve room in advance.

Date of stay: July 2012