All reviews hot springs buffet dinner half board western beds hotel guests swimming pool sashimi japanese dishes buffet style kobe beef stayed for nights next morning sannomiya station hotel room meriken park futon yukata
Selected filters
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

My family and I booked a room for 4 and stayed for 1 night. The hotel is extremely new and clean and we all enjoyed the stay here. Staff are friendly and this hotel really pays attention to details.

Our room has two beds and two tatami which is for 4 persons. The room is very spacious and there is a balcony overseeing the Kobe harbour. The bed is very comfortable and the wifi signal is strong.

The onsen facilities are the reason for the stay. There are indoor and outdoor onsens and are very roomy. I really enjoyed the decor at the outdoor ones. Changing room is extremely clean and decent where many toiletries are available. What surprised me is that they also offer hair curler and head massager for you to use. There is an open bath on 10th floor and you can enjoy a nice view of the city while enjoying a hot bath. Swimming pool, stone bath and massage service are charged.

Breakfast is in buffet style and has abundant choices. The restaurant is spacious as well with harbour view. Staff are friendly and welcoming.

There is shuttle bus service traveling between Sannomiya station and the hotel. The hotel is a bit far from city centre which may take about half an hour for walk. However, because of its location, the environment is quiet and relaxed.

I highly recommend this hotel if you want to enjoy onsens during your stay!

I highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

First of all, thank you for staying our hotel.

We are very happy that you had a good memory staying at REN.

Second, we appreciate your compliment toward our hotel. The hotel opened the business 3 years ago, therefore, the facilities are modern and clean.
We have 2 different Hot Spring areas which our hotel guests are able to use. One is on the 10th floor and which has great view of KOBE harbor. Another one is on the first floor; however there are saunas, and variety of bathes.

Our main cuisine is buffet style, then our guests can enjoy the variety of dishes as much as they wants. The main cuisine change every month. The small dishes change day by day.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

I stay here for one night, we are lucky to be upgrade to harbour view room. The room is spacious and clean. Onsen is great. Very delicious buffet dinner and breakfast. Most importantly the staff are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely visit again if I plan a trip to Kobe/Osaka/Kyoto. Great memory for me and my wife in this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We maintain the guest rooms and Hot springs area for small details.
We change the buffet menu by seasons.
We change the small dishes of dinner by day.
We keep our staff well-trained.
We promise that you are satisfied any time you come back.
We keep the quality.

Thank you for your compliment toward our hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2019

My family stayed in Ren for a night in late December. Hotel staff greeted us at the entrance and carried our lugguage to reception then our room. The check-in process was smooth. Reception staff could communicate effectively in English. We had an ordinary room on the eighth floor. This Western-Japanese room was spacious and absolutely clean. We first tried the onsen on the second floor. It had at least three indoor pools and several outdoor pools and onsen “pots”. The pools were not big in size but the whole environment was nicely decorated. My kids (ages 6 and 8; it was noted that the hotel did not accept guest aged under 6) really enjoyed the onsen! A wide range of bathing amenities were neatly set at the onsen bathhouse.
Our plan was a half-board one. The buffet dinner mainly comprised of Japanese dishes. Food varieties were not very big but the dishes were really fresh and yummy. The restaurant was well-staffed. Staff were helpful and courteous. The restaurant offered a direct view to the Kobe Tower and the maritime museum.
Two futon beds were set during our dinner time. Before sleep I tried the rooftop onsen. It was smaller than that on the second floor. Yet it had a Jacuzzi and the outdoor pool offered a stunning harbor view. This rooftop outdoor pool was rather shallow; my shoulder and my upper back were above the water surface even when I sat. Hence it was quite cold in winter time). But the harbor view attracted my use of the rooftop onsen again in the next morning. It was noted that the staff could have a compulsion to keep everything clean and tidy (during my use in morning – about 6:15am, staff appeared twice in the bathhouse to clean and settle things). Their efforts were highly appreciated.
The room was absolutely quiet and I heard nothing at all during sleeping time. The western beds were very comfortable. My room faced the Eastern side of harbor.
There was an outdoor carpark right next to the hotel, and the hotel users could have a discounted parking rate. Parking spaces were ample. We had not used other hotel facilities. It was noted that there was no supermarket or convenient stores nearby.
We really enjoyed our stay in Ren. Its absolutely clean, neat, modern settings, nice onsen facilities, the magnificent harbor view, fine food, and the remarkable staff efforts were all appreciated. I truly recommended Ren to all kinds of travelers.
我保證這則針對此酒店的評論是以本人的切身經歷為依據、為本人的真實評論、且本人與此酒店無個人或商業關係,也無收受此酒店的贈禮或金錢以撰寫這則評論。

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2019

First of all, we would like to appreciate staying at REN, and giving us a nice complement.

Our hotel was built 3 years ago, we have modern facilities such as in-door & Out-door pools, gym, and roof-top & many different kind of Onsen area. Guests are asked the extra fee to use some of facilities, Ion order to maintain the good condition. We are glad that you seemed enjoy the facilities.

All of the guests’ rooms are in front of ocean, however, there are west-side & East-side.
Guests are able to choose the side with extra payment of 2160 yen for each person. The most of people like to choose west-side which offers the beautiful Kobe Harbor.
We also have the sweet rooms which have private Onsen in the rooms. Please try the room for the next visit.

We also offer the different kind of dishes at the dinner buffet for each months.

Please try to spend the night different months and different rooms. You may enjoy the valuable time at REN.

Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

Stayed a night in Kobe Ren as part of our Osaka/Kyoto trip.

What we like:
- the hotel room (spacious and clean)
- great food that came with our booking via Agoda (breakfast and dinner buffet at the restaurant)
- great service of the chefs, waiters and waitresses at the restaurant
- location while not close to sightseeing places, but hotel offers free shuttle to Sannomiya station, and taxis are not expensive (680 yen to station)

What can be improved:
- Onsen / Spa: very clean with both indoor and outdoor spa areas, but I wouldn’t recommend their massages. My boyfriend and I tried their oil massage and shiatsu, and were totally disappointed. The masseuse had no strength and not able to press at the pressure points.. so don’t waste your money.
- There is an Onsen tax of 200 yen per person charged separately on checkout, which is quite common for Onsen hotels in Japan. But we found it quite weird that they charge 1000 yen per day per hotel guest who wants to use the indoor pool (which is just a typical pool and nothing special). Since the onsen was quite free, we’d rather stay in the onsen/spa area.

What we don’t like:
- Front desk (evening shift): after sightseeing, we came back for our luggages; the front desk lady (who doesn’t look like a Japanese) didn’t offer to help even though she knew I was by myself trying to take 2 large suitcases to the shuttle bus just few steps outside the entrance. I would have recommended this hotel highly if not because of her unhelpful and poor service.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LaSuiteKobe, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2019

We would like to appreciate staying our hotel and your valuable comments toward our quality.

As your comments, we receive 1000 yen for using pool area which is indoor and outside with warm water. It is used to maintain our facility for whole year.

We feel bad that our massages was not good enough to satisfy your thoughts. We will try to improve our massage skill. We also have several kind of massage style. We hope you to try the massages.

We would like to apologize for our poor service of front desk. She should have helped you at the point. Our staff are from several different countries in order to offer variety of service with different languages. However, some of points, our training term is not good enough for foreign staff. We quickly train them again, and make them good enough for our guests.

Once again, we are very grateful to receive your comments. We treasure guests’ comments to improve our service standard. We try to exceed the guests’ expectations.

Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

There’s a lot to cover in this review.

Room: the room was great. Japanese outfit and slippers provided. The layout was nice and clean. Pola lotion soap( finance said it was an expensive brand) complimentary cookies provided. We had a great view of the harbor. No usb plugs by the beds.

Amenities: natural hot springs, gym. Hot tubs, swimming pool, massage chairs, multiple saunas and cold rooms. Beware! All of these have charges. You would think staying there means access to all these wonderful amenities, you are wrong. $150 yen tax to the hot springs. Day acres to the sauna and cold room $1000 yen. Not sure about other prices for gym and swimming pool.

BUFFET : the dinner food looks very presenting. Sashimi (doesn’t melt in mouth) Kobe beef(not very good). Multiple hot pots. Crab legs. Great variety of other food. Looks a lot better than the taste.

Overall: communication will be difficult. Amenities will nickel and dime you. The food is slightly above avg. don’t expect and food or people outside. Its a port area not the city. If you like a quiet walk next to the water, it’s nice. You’ll see ppl fishing.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KobeMinatoOnsenRen, お客様担当マネージャー at Kobe Minato Onsen Ren, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2018

We would like to appreciate for your staying at our hotel and comments.

We maintain our amenities with high quality brands such as Pola and Ella Bache, therefore, we receive complement from our guests.

Some of our gusts really enjoy using our facilities such as Hot Spring Bath, gym, swimming pool, saunas and massage chairs. Some of facilities such as Hot Spring Bath and saunas at the bath are free to use but other facilities need extra charge. Those extra payment is used to keep good conditions for the facilities and amenities.
Moreover, 150 Yen is Hot Spring Tax of Kobe city, and most of the Onsen area in Japan have those kind of tax for the belonging city.