All reviews tokyu hands great location free coffee in the lobby train station no elevator lots of restaurants walking distance ground floor kobe beef business hotel short stay reception staff hotel lobby close to the hotel english speaking staff one night stay family mart
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are compact, but the toilet opens by itself when you get close and the air conditioner works great! There is a laundry—plan on the 500y price per load to both wash and dry (then plan on strewing your clothes around your room to get them completely dry.) There was basically no view, since our room faced the inner court, which overlooks the escalator. Heads up, the beds are HARD!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2018

The B Kobe is located in the heart of Kobe's social epicenter, with clubs and shops and bright lights all around the area. I have to admit it took me forever to find this, as I walked from the Kobe station to get here. Several people later, it was indeed a great location. You have to climb a few flights to get to the lobby of the building. The lobby is spacious and comfortable looking. Check in was fast like many other Japanese hotels. I wasn't very pleased with my room, which was probably the cheapest in the hotel, a single economy. It was at the end of a hallway. Inside, though there's a lot of space, it felt like being shoved in an attic. Bed on an elevated floor. Ceiling closing down on you. The room needed light. Bed comfortable. Bathroom clean and narrow. It is about 3 blocks from the train station. The shinkansen station though is located further down the road; you need to take a cab to get there, particularly if you have baggage with you. This would be among my least favorite hotels in all of my travels in Japan. Most rooms I've been in, I felt like they were my own sanctuaries. This one didn't have that feel. My room in Nagoya for example was very small, but I liked it, so it's not the size. It's the general atmosphere. I think it is a little too expensive for the atmosphere of the room. But then I find that Kobe rooms are on the expensive side compared to the rest of Japan..

Room tip: Not the economy room.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2018

We arrived early from our flight, so our room wasn't ready, we dropped our luggage off and went for a walk around the shops. The room was small but comfortable and we got free wifi. Breakfast was at the restaurant under the hotel and was OK but more for the Japanese, the hotel gives you a discount if you eat there. Overall pretty good.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RMukai, 支配人 at The B Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review.
We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the special moment that the b kobe were able to provide.
We look forward to welcoming you back to to the hotel on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed May 15, 2018

well maintained hotel, clean, reception staff good but dont speak English very well, if you like Japanese style breakfast it is good, they don't cater for westerners, Starbucks across the road saved us but don't expect any English speaking staff, there is a good steamed dum sim stall around the corner and they have an English menu

1  Thank Bill C
RMukai, 支配人 at The B Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review.We are so happy to learn that you had such a great experience here with us at the b kobe. There are so many restaurants, shops, and subway stations right at our door step.
We hope you will be back again soon to explore more of the city.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel in a great location, walking distance to Sanomiya Station including Port Liner train for the Cruise terminal (2 stops). From Osaka Kansai Airport (Limousine Coach) - 1 hr to Kobe Sanomiya station then about 8 mins walk, but if you have luggage then it may be better to take a Taxi less than £5 rude to the Hotel, as there are many staires & it can get confusing & tiring. I left my shoes & shirt by mistake in the room, sent an email which was promptly responded & I picked it up after return from my Cruise trip. Excellent English speaking reception. Don’t miss the Kobe Beef at ‘Kobe A-1’ - very cost effective & the best Beef across the road & the British & Irish Pub near the Hotel with good price for a pint. Will visit again if we get the opportunity. Only downside is that the room is small but you are in Japan & space is at premium.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
RMukai, 支配人 at The B Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

We hope you will be back again soon to explore more of the city.