All reviews room size is pleasant stay minute walk train station internet sannomiya jr luggage english tidy japan amenities
Selected filters
Reviewed December 12, 2018

We stayed a week in this impressive hotel. The hotel is near Kyoto train station and located close to everything. Apart from the hard beds, (our preference is for a soft mattress), we loved our stay here. The room was well-appointed, spacious, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was luxurious. The rain shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. We probably stayed a bit too long under it! The hotel is beautiful and tranquil in all aspects; from the gigantic lobby, to the individually styled elevators, to the whisper quiet corridors, to the relaxing executive lounge and serene rooms. Everything is done by the staff to ensure a peaceful and relaxing stay. The staff were exceptional – professional, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, polite – I could go on. Suffice it to say the staff are highly trained and expert at their jobs. We had some delicious meals in the Italian restaurant – yes, I know, Italian! However, the hotel is purely Japanese and decorated beautifully. My husband even took a picture of the ceiling in the lobby – it was so gorgeous. We enjoyed our stay here immensely and can confidently recommend this hotel to others.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Walking distance from station but further than expected. Situated close to shopping and restaurants but rooms were small. Tidy and clean hotel with reasonable breakfast. Very nice burger restaurant on hotel side of station

Room tip: Go for a quiet room not facing the street
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2018

This is the fifth or sixth Daiwa Roynet hotel that I have stayed in my past 2-3 trips to Japan over the past 2 years. I have always enjoyed the no frill service and amenities that this hotel chain offers and this one at Kobe near the JR Sannomiya Station is no exception.

Staff is great, hotel lobby, elevators, rooms, etc. are clean. Room size is OK by Japanese standard. Wifi is decent and room amenities are more than adequate.

Location is good, though if you are into frequent arcade shopping it's a 10 to 15 minutes' walk. There are several restaurants in the immediate area but more choices are a/v within a 10-minute walk.

Good value for the price it asks for. I particular like the free coffee packs they offer as the coffee actually tastes quite well - much better than those offered at many hotels in US and Canada.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTravelerABC
ダイワロイネットホテル神戸三宮, マネージャー at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kobe Sannomiya, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

This is Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kobesannomiya.
Your favorable commnets has warmed our hearts and we aim
to provide our customers with even higher levels of satisfaciton.

we eagerly anticipate your next visit and look forward to seving you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 16, 2018

Easy walk from the airport bus stops and other transport options.Restaurants and shops are also close by. The hotel is relatively new and in good condition. My twin room would be a bit tight for 2 people,but Ok for me. Free wifi worked well. Breakfast not included in my rate,but could be pre purchased from the reception desk for JPY830 .The Japanese style buffet breakfast was very good. Reception staff were helpful. Check in and out times are negotiable but it costs JPY 1000 per hour additional if you wish to arrive early or leave later than the designated times. Overall a pleasant stay and would consider staying again in the future.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
ダイワロイネットホテル神戸三宮, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kobe Sannomiya, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

This is Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kobesannomiya.
Thank you for reviewing us and we appreciate your feedback.
we look foward to you next visit .

Thank you so much.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

Booked a large twin room but was given a smoking room - we both started coughing as soon as we opened the door - really stank. They said the online broker I used had sent through a request for a smoking room. The only non-smoking room they had was a small double.. and small it was. You're really up-close and personal in one of these rooms. Didn't get a decent sleep any of the nights. No offer of refund.. I have to talk to the broker about that .. but life's too short for those types of arguments so I'll just accept that I paid a lot for a pretty lousy room. As mentioned in other reviews, the airconditioning is a problem. Even though it was March, the room was pretty warm, and the ac was only blowing air - we tried to cool down the room by opening the window and it only opens a crack so not very effective. Overall a hotel stay I hope I'll forget quickly.

Room tip: The small double rooms are really singles only.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam This is Daiwa Roynet Hotel Kobesannomiya.
Thank you for reviewing us.
We apologize that we gived you bad memorise for staying
This hotel build quite long time ago so system are not really new.
We are making improvements with our system and we appreciate your feedback on this areas.
we look foward to your next visit.

Best Regards