Open today: 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Huge Onsen Complex

This is our first time experiencing an onsen in Japan. Initially we thought it’s a traditional and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
serumz
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
via mobile
Good overall onsen facility in one of the oldest Onsen towns in Japan

The story goes that Taiko no Yu was founded by a famous samurai warlord called Taiko who loved... read more

Reviewed March 24, 2018
Matt L
Sydney

Recommended experiences in and around Kita
from $360.00
More Info
All reviews indoor area food court hot rock different types onsen facility hot water full service train station onsen town baths hankyu tattoos 10min silver osaka robe japan
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

Been to many of such themed park onsen elsewhere and I have to give it just 3 stars.

There's no spectacular views to boost, no great meal and can be very crowded.

It is also quite expensive for the price. Parking fee is exorbitant.

We had better experience with another one in Kobe facing the harbor.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank Paul C
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Taiko no Yu, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2017

Reviewed December 9, 2017

I visited Taiko no Yu on 9 Dec 2017 in the afternoon. It was my first time there. I went to the Rotenburo/hot spring baths that are situated outdoors on the top floor of Taiko no Yu (of the women's section). It was a cold day (the mountain tops are already covered with snow) and perhaps because of the lower temperatures the surface of the tiled floor started to get more slippery. I was there perhaps thirty minutes. During this time I saw one woman slip and she nearly fell down. And then I unfortunately witnessed a very bad accident. It happened because there are no protections on the floor that would prevent one from slipping. She fell onto the rocks that encircle the Rotenburo baths. The fall caused serious injuries that needed immediate medical attention. To my surprise there was very little help from the staff. Clearly there was no first aid kit at the premises. No one was trained to deliver first aid. This is shocking. This onsen is teeming with visitors. I am writing this review to urge the management to improve their overall precautionary measures at the onsen to prevent further accidents from taking place and to set up emergency measures such as first aid treatments.

Date of experience: December 2017
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Taiko no Yu, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great Onsen experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed December 2, 2017

If you don't have much time to spend in Arima Onsen or only just have a day trip, consider purchasing a package deal for Taiko no Yu online before coming down. I found one that had the Dr Fish and ice cream for a reasonable rate and came down for half a day's trip. I really wish I had more time, but I was fortunate to have come here.

Taiko no Yu has many pools and bath types available for each gendered section. I was able to relax in the Gin and Kin mixed water bath for quite a while, which was really the highlight of the onsen town. I have been to onsens before and this one was pretty easy to navigate in the baths.

But Taiko no Yu is almost like a resort - there was a restaurant, a food court, a store, an arcade area and both a common sauna area and privately-booked sauna areas.

For what it offers, I was expecting Taiko no Yu to be crowded. While it did draw a crowd, it was not unbearably noisy or packed. I thoroughly enjoyed myself here and only wish to return next time and spend a night at the hotel to enjoy it even more.

Date of experience: November 2017
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Taiko no Yu, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

Reviewed October 5, 2017

9/9(this year), I was wondering around Kobe with few frens. And to get relief from the tiredness of the day, we're seeking for a spa. Eventually, found it "Arima Onsen Taiko no Yu".

We had a terrific experience for about 3-4 hours here. First, we grabbed a chance to sink your feet for the doctor fish treatment, my first ever experience. That's really special and added a prior flavor to sink in the spa.

Inside the spa, we there are 3 different sauna rooms attached with different temperature settings so you can choose which one to enter during your spa bath. You can try them all to experience the difference.

Besides the spa, you can also experience a vast range of stone sauna (岩盤浴) 30 mins for each person. There are different 5-6 partitions with different flavor like gold sauna, silver sauna and bla bla.

And there's a a dinning hall where you can cheer and enjoy your Japanese Sake and meal. Moreover, there's an ice cream corner too, I guess offered as service too. You should find it.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Rukesh G
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Taiko no Yu, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Reviewed August 7, 2017

You don't need anything and any reservations to get into onsen. The price includes a towel, a bathtowel, and clothes worn inside the facility. They have a food court, a Japanese restaurant and a souvenier shop serving yummy softcreams. I recommend you should try the thirty minute-stone sauna before getting into onsen area. There are several kinds of bathtubs named differently on the roof. The main onsen kinds are Kinsen including iron and salt, which is brown, good for lower back pain, muscular pain,poor circulation and atopy skin rash, and Ginsen including carbonic, which is clear and good for high blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank 八千代 西
有馬ビューホテルうらら, 支配人 at Taiko no Yu, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017