All reviews ramen outdoor onsen public bath free coffee morning shuttle fresh noodles hotel offers free ice machine functional hotel hot springs every evening shower area great onsen the free shuttle service green tea stayed nights shopping district
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

This is my first time staying with Dormy Inn Premium Nagoya Sakae, and the fourth time with Dormy Inn in Japan. I’m satisfied with the room, the hot spring, the breakfast, and the late night food, which is ramen! These facilities never disappoint me.
However, an accident happened in the midnight on 30th Dec. The fire alarm suddenly rang loudly at 00:15 saying there was fire on 13th floor so we wrap up important personal belongings quickly without changing clothes and walked down to the lobby by stairs. Ten minutes later the alarm shut down, but there was no announcement being broadcasted, nor no staff in lobby to explain details whether it was safe now or sth, until some guests asked the front desk for more information. Fortunately there was no fire at all! But honestly speaking I was really mad and disappointed cos I thought there should have been a more formal way to say sorry for any inconvenience caused to every hotel guest, or at least a staff should have been well prepared in lobby to calm everyone down.
I sincerely hope this kind of accident would not happen again, and also hope there is improved action for hotel staff whenever they encounter such urgency.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2018

When I came to Nagoya, I didn't expect much of a hotel which had that much nice features within it considering it was one of the cheaper hotels in Nagoya, much less expect a lot of space in the hotel room. However, my family was pleasantly surprised with the customer service, there was a coffee machine that allowed you to drink complimentary hot coffee, as well as a tray containing tea bags as well as milk capsules and sugar sachets. The hotel staff also spoke fluent English, as well as Chinese, which came in as a surprise for my family members as the last visit to Japan, was a little rough due to the language miscommunication. Do not expect much from a twin bedroom, as like Hong Kong, the hotel rooms in Nagoya can get a little cramp. The shower area was a little cramp as well. The bonus point for this hotel is that the Onsen(hot spring) was a life saver as it provided a more pleasant showering experience to rejuvenate oneself. One downside of the hot springs is that for Men, they use their room card to enter the hot spring, while the women have to enter a passcode that changes every day, in which for women to use the hot spring in the early morning, they have to head down to the lobby to get the code of the day for the hot spring. Otherwise, the hot spring was by far the best I have experienced out of all the hotels I went to for that Japan trip. There was a spacious enough changing room where there was a toilet as well as several basins for one to personally groom himself with several hairdryers as well. There was a sauna as well as 2 hot springs, one outdoor and one indoor. After taking a hot bath at night, you can head down to the cafeteria, which is located on the same floor as the hot spring. From 10.30pm onwards, you can enjoy free bowls of simple hot soba noodles. Overall, I would definitely go back to this hotel if I flew to Japan and landed at Nagoya.

Room tip: If its a family holiday that consists of 4 or more people, it is best to get 2 rooms as the rooms are not so big to accommodate many people.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2018 via mobile

My first stayed at Dormy Inn was at Kumanoto, Kyushu. I remembered it because of their good service, nice onsen and good breakfast.

Hence, I choose Dormy Inn at Nagoya. And again, it didn't disappoint me.

Good service, big room, good onsen, free soba, coffee, shuttle service to Nagoya Station.

We were about an hour early before the check-in time, and we were allowed to check-in. To our surprise, our rooms was very big. Enough for us to place our luggages on the floor freely. The basin was outside the bathroom. We liked it.

As it was a Sunday night, the onsen was pretty crowded. Outdoor onsen was very small, comfortably for two persons. Indoor onsen was bigger but with some ladies was chatting loudly, we didn't stay long. There also a cold spring.

Free hot soba served at 2130-2330hrs. Need to get a queue number too. Service was fast. The portion was not too big. Personally, I felt just nice for lady. I had the soba for two nights. Also, free flow of green tea and oolong tea.

As for the free shuttle service, we were informed to be 30 mins early to get a queue number from the Reception. Free coffee was at the lobby. **Note : small van and only operate in the morning.

We did not had their breakfast as we felt was rather expensive.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Dormy Inn.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2018

This was one of the best hotels we stayed at during a three week tour of Japan. I should mention that we did receive an upgrade, and that this might be part of the reason that we rate the hotel so highly, but we encountered none of the frequent issues relating to small rooms in this hotel.

What I would emphasise to other foreign visitors, is that you can trust the Japanese hotel brands. With some, there is a compromise on space, but you are provided with a lot of facilities that you might not expect, such as free food in the evenings, free laundry facilities, free transfers etc. It's worth familiarising yourself with what they will do for you, before you arrive, to make the best out of your stay.

This was not the most convenient location to find, arriving from the JR station, but nor was it onerous, being a single stop on the metro away from the terminus. On the return, we made use of their complimentary transfer bus, which I would recommend.

There is a 7-11 (for foreign cash withdrawals) on the next block (in either direction) and there is free coffee in reception.

Our upgraded room was very roomy, with a comfortable bed, and a great bathroom, with excellent shower pressure. We were only there for one night, and didn't use the onsen, so I can't comment on that.

Plenty of dining options just a block away. The problem, as is often the case in Japan, is too much choice, rather than too little.

Room tip: Worth paying for the upgrade from a standard room
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2018

It takes 5-8 mins to the MRT station, not very convenient but still a good choice,
because it only takes 10 mins to the shopping district.
Don't forget the enjoy the free coffee, hot spring and sauna.
距離地下鐵約5-8分鐘,但反過來說距離榮的商店區亦只有10分鐘距離,