See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2017

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel when in Nagoya for a conference. It was one of the conference hotels, but, in my experience, that does not always mean the accommodation is good. In this case it was: clean, very quiet, convenient. The staff were all very nice. Breakfast (a buffet) was included and had a good selection for westerners and Japanese. It made an easy start to the day. Rooms were small but adequate. The value was excellent.

If I could change one thing, I would add a sign in English to the front of the hotel. I was walking around with my luggage and came in to ask directions to my hotel, only to find I as in it!

Here are the directions: take the north exit from Kanayama Station. Look for a large department store called AEON across a main intersection. Basically, this hotel is just behind the department store (walk along the east side of the store, turn left at the first street and the hotel is a few entrances later - the one with the slight ramp).

Room tip: ask for a non-smoking room if that is important to you
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank MAHfx
Reviewed January 3, 2017

I was surprised with the location of the hotel which is about 5 mins walk to the station. It is very convenient. Nearby the hotel has many shops, including a supermarket, an Aeon mall, a food court, a few cafes and convenient shops. It is also cheaper going to Nagoya station by taking JR line, compared to the nearby stops.

The breakfast is standard Japanese style with nice bread and good coffee. It also has broth/clean soup for people to have self-made Japanese rice soup. For dinner, the hotel has a microwave in the lounge where people can warm up their dinner.

The internet can be a problem. The connection was easy. But the internet in my room worked for 1-2 hours then became on and off. Quite frustrating. The design of the plugs in the room is also problematic. I can use only one plug as the lower plug is blocked by the "hard-shell" wired connection. So I had to choose between boiling water or charging my internet.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed November 14, 2016

I've chosen this hotel because of its location close to Kanayama station and airport transfer, but in the end I was really happy about my choice concerning all other options.
Rooms are small as usual in Japan, an attempt to open luggage can be a trial. Still everything is new and clean.
I really enjoyed breakfast, nice combination of Western and Japanese food habits.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnnaF39
Reviewed May 16, 2016

The hotel is near Kanayama which is a conveniently central transport hub, but not on the tourist bus route. The staff were friendly, helpful and organised. They understood our English, but it was easier to communicate by writing things down sometimes. Breakfast was generous, but the same everyday. No fresh milk was available, only cream, although this is not unusual for Japan. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. Bathroom was good and modern.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
meitetu, フロントスタッフ at Meitetsu Inn Nagoya Kanayama, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2016

Thank you for staying at Meitetsu Inn Nagoya Kanayama.
We are very sorry for making you disappointed for not providing fresh milk.
We have been thinking about providing fresh milk for breakfast.
Compare to other food, it difficult for us to stock and keep it fresh all the time.
We take your opinion as a positive feedback and will working on proving fresh milk for
breakfast.
Best regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2015

I have visited my friend in Nagoya this June and she had booked me this hotel in Nagoya which is definitely a wise choice. The hotel is just 3-minute walk to Kanayama Railway Station (and that's especially good for rainy day) and from there, you can take the very frequently run Airport train to Nagoya Airport. At the same time, you can find different restaurants and shops there.

On the other hand, the hotel location is just along the main avenue of Nagoya-you can either go for a pleasant walk, ride a bike or take the convenient metro line to Sakae-the main shopping and commercial district for everything Nagoya has to offer.

The hotel room is simple, clean and have all the essential facilities and amenities.

If you prefer renting a car and drive around, there's a value for money rent a car service under the same group as well.

Date of stay: June 2015