All reviews breakfast buffet subway station stayed for nights non smoking limited english taxi ride japanese standards chinese restaurant hotel is located yamashita park cruise terminal narita airport clean rooms mini bar hotel is great the red brick warehouse minato mirai line
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights for a conference and had a very good stay. It is admittedly a quaint (i.e. old) hotel though the staff are absolutely wonderful and helpful, ranging from front desk to restaurant staff. The room and bathroom (with the ubiquitous washlet) was spacious though the room was relatively dark even when all the lights were turned on. Bear in mind that this is a mid-level hotel so you only get the absolute basics in terms of toiletries and amenities such as slippers. No robes or mini-bar though there is a spacious fridge which I used to store water I bought from a nearby convenience store.

Location wise the hotel is right in Yokohama Chinatown so dining options are plentiful. It is also next to the terminus of the subway line that goes to Yokohama and Shibuya. Only Haneda airport has airport shuttles that serve the hotel. But while the shuttle to Haneda departs in front of the hotel, the shuttle to the hotel stops outside Chinatown and it takes 5 minutes by foot. Okay if you are travelling light and theres nice weather as was my case, but definitely not recommended if you are lugging heavy suitcases or its raining! Better option would be to take the shuttle to Yokohama YCAT and then take a 1500 yen taxi. In my case I took the taxi to YCAT and then 90-min shuttle to Narita airport.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel if you plan to stay in Yokohama given its excellent staff and good location.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for the second time, I'm pleased to say the standard hasn't slipped. The rooms are much bigger than the usual city centre rooms in Japan and the hotel facilities are excellent. The location of the hotel is great, just 2 minutes walk from Moto-machi station on the minato mirai line, and just inside the gateway to Chinatown.

One block away is Yamashita park, easy walking distance of the tourist places between Yamashita park and sakuragi Cho.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 825petee
Reviewed March 29, 2018

We picked the hotel based on location because we were sailing from the cruise terminal in a few days and they offered a breakfast buffet. But we would go back because of the ambiance and service. Lovely people who were happy to help us communicate and find what we needed. The room was clean and perfect with a small refrigerator. The bathroom had a nice big bath tub and a profusion of products: tooth brushes, toothpaste, hairbrushes, etc. The location is also just steps away from a train station and Chinatown. We ate in one of the restaurants for dinner and it was adequate.

Room tip: Lobby was lively so I would suggest a higher floor. we were von 8 and it was very quiet.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2018

I rarely have much to do with the staff at reception once I have signed in but on my first night here, i had to get their help on 3 occasions and each time they were extremely courteous and helpful. First time they brought up a fan as room was on central heating and I was too hot. Second time I could not open the combination lock on my suitcase so had to get bolt cutters to get it open. Third time I needed on extension cord to plug in my CPAP machine as I had difficulty reaching the power outlet. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them and each request was handled in a matter of minutes.
We sampled some of the nearby Chinese restaurants but had to remind ourselves that we were in Japan and not China.
Rooms are a good size and also non-smoking [not always the case in Japan].
The AKAI KUTSU tourist bus stops outside the hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennyA2828
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Friendly staff, clean rooms (albeit a bit dated), and an amazing location if you are here for Chinatown. The airport shuttle to HND right in front of the hotel is a nice perk as it gets you there direct to the terminal for 720yen (the drop off from the airport is in front of New Grand Hotel).

Date of stay: November 2017