Tripadvisor

from $69.86
More Info
from $73.10
More Info
All reviews sushi learn how train station learning how cooking class highlight of our trip cultural experience every step hide san interesting things special experience a lot of fun great fun different types an excellent teacher wonderful hosts lovely home
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was an unforgettable experience! We learned about how to make sushi beautifully and also learned so much history as well!

We learned how to make several different types of sushi. My favorite was the nigiri! Lots of information, beautiful presentation anf flow of the class!

Id recommend to anyone!

ありがとうございました

Date of experience: January 2020
hidet0m0m, 支配人 at Sushi Making Experience Japan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I really appreciate for such a wonderful review!
I am very haapy to heart that you enjoyed the class :)
And I had been very glad that you always tried to absorb knowledge regarding sushi making during class !
Please feel free to ask me whenever you have questions about sushi making:)
I am always with you! :)
Thank you very much again and hope to see you again!
Best regards and best wishes to you !

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed every minute of meeting Hide and following his instruction in making our own sushi. He was extremely professional, funny and made us feel right at ease in his sushi kitchen! We enjoyed learning about the history of sushi, where to buy ingredients and the techniques we can use to make different varieties. The sushi we made was delicious and really impressive (is Ben we were amazed me made it!). We will definitely enjoy making our own sushi and will remember this class when we do! Thank you Hide for a great experience. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: January 2020
hidet0m0m, 支配人 at Sushi Making Experience Japan, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Amanda,
Thank you very much for giving me such a Marvelous review !!!
I also enjoyed both teaching and chatting with both of you during the lesson!
I was moved that both of you were so interested in Sushi itself and asked me many good questions !
I had been very happy to reply all of them.
I am very glad to hear that you could enjoy my sushi class.
Sushi you made were really beautiful and professional as you wrote. Great Jobs!
You can have confidence to make your Sushi beautifully at home now!
If you have any questions about sush making,please let me know.
I am always with you.
I hope you will be able to get nice fillet and slice it into sushi toppings, then make sushi again :)

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

My girlfriend bought this experience for us as a Christmas gift. Hide-San was an amazing teacher and provided us with a great experience from the beginning. He personally picked us up at the nearest station and walked us back when we finished as well. His home and neighborhood are inviting and we felt very comfortable as soon as we met. He provides all the tools and ingredients for the class as well as some funny and informative facts about sushi making, its history, and interesting sushi’s from around the world. He has true experience as a sushi chef. Ask him about how he instinctively knows how much 15g of sushi rice weighs! Everything was perfect and I would recommend this to my friends. Don’t hesitate and book this class already!

Date of experience: January 2020
hidet0m0m, オーナー at Sushi Making Experience Japan, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Jed-san,
Thank you very much for such a lovely review !
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed my class!
Both of you are very passionate about learning Sushi and Japanese culture during lesson.
I had been so glad to answear whenever you asked me during lesson.
All your messages on this review encouraged me a lot to make progress on my sushi class and make lots of Japanese fun all over the world!
I hope you enjoy Yokohama and the rest of Japan stay!
Sushi pose!!!
Thank you again and Have a great 2020!
Best Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2020

Hide and his wife are great. Entertaining, fun and informational. He is a good teacher, speaks English well, and has a passion for sushi.

Date of experience: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
hidet0m0m, 支配人 at Sushi Making Experience Japan, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

I really appreciate for such a wonderful review !!!
Since you seemed to focus on work shop and enjoy all of it during the lesson, I had been very glad to teach my knowledges as best I can.
I am very glad to hear that you could enjoy my sushi class.
Sushi you made were really beautiful!!!. Great Jobs!
You can have confidence to make your Sushi beautifully at home now!
If you have any questions about sush making,please let me know. I am always with you.

Reviewed December 31, 2019

What a great way to spend a morning in Japan. There are so many positives to this experience it is hard to enumerate them. Foremost is your host and his family. What enjoyable people to get to know. From greeting you at the station until the time they say good bye at the station they are most genial hosts.
The class itself is most professional and everyone in our group ended with very presentable and tasty sushi. So the teacher must be excellent.

Date of experience: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
hidet0m0m, オーナー at Sushi Making Experience Japan, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Thank you very much for giving me such a wonderful review !!!
I also enjoyed both teaching and chatting with all of you during the lesson!
Time passed so quickly!
I am very glad to hear that you could enjoy my sushi class.
Sushi you made were really beautiful and professional as you wrote. Great Jobs!