All reviews rooftop bar soup welcome drink breakfast in bed free wine tasting breakfast basket freshly baked bread children love minestrone lodge feel coffee and juice love hotels cozy hotel ski lodge amazing hotel bunk beds nice cafe
Selected filters
Reviewed November 5, 2017

Really nice stylish hotel, great attention to detail. The staff were really nice and the breakfast was super tasty! Really cosy rooms and the beds were very comfy! Sad we were only staying one night! Would definitely come back!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
sapporou, フロント at UNWIND HOTEL & BAR SAPPORO, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Dear Jessica,

Thanks for sharing your experience.
We are all happy to know you enjoyed your stay, and always try to get better. Such insights are really encouraging, and we hope to have you visiting again someday.

Best regards
Kevin & the Unwind Team

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Unwind Sapporo is a beautiful hotel that's different from the rest. From the lodge feel of the rooms to the bar on the 10th floor - everything feels warm and cozy, especially on a rainy day. The couch in the room is quite nice - the TV is smart and was great to get in a little Netflix after aomg day of roaming the city. And the picnic basket breakfast in the morning is astounding. My favorite was the genhis Khan soup, made with Sapporo local ingredients. And it's delivered straight to your door! Would stay again my next visit to Sapporo!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
sapporou, Front Staff Esma at UNWIND HOTEL & BAR SAPPORO, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your lovely review! We appreciate your choice to stay at Unwind!

We are very proud of our home-made, fresh, and very healthy breakfasts, and are very happy to hear that you've loved it as well! It is good to know that your stay was a relaxing one, and we hope to welcome you anytime soon again!

UNWIND HOTEL & BAR

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

I almost don't want to write this review because I'm afraid this place will become too popular and I won't be able to stay here next time! I use airbnb a lot, and one reason I avoid hotels is because I feel like they cost so much but the experience is uninteresting. Unless you're paying really top dollar, a lot of hotels are just so similar. That's what I liked about Unwind: It's actually a unique hotel experience, with lots of small touches that add up to something truly memorable.

As for details: it's very clean, and the pictures on the website are accurate. The breakfast was quite good - I liked being able to toast bread in the room, and even the servingware contributed to the overall lodge theme. The bar on the 10th floor is nice too. They serve local and beer from Hokkaido, in addition to other Japanese and imported options. The location is also convenient. It's not right downtown, but the subway stop is less than 5 min away. Susukino is about a 10 min walk, and so if you enjoy walking (as I do) you could even walk to Sapporo station - it's probably about 30 min.

All in all, it was an excellent stay. I would definitely try to stay here again the next time I visit Sapporo!

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for your stay with us, and for writing this very lovely review for us on TripAdvisor!

Your review made me truly smile! Even if it gets so busy that we have no rooms left over for you, you are more than welcome for a cup of our homemade apple cider at any moment! We truly appreciate your detailed review, not only because it is so positive, but also as it is very useful for our future guest' orientation.

Thank you very much! I am really looking forward to welcoming you the next time (even if you review caused us to get so busy that you won't be able to stay)!

Warm thanks,

UNWIND HOTEL & BAR

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel last winter, and it was so interesting. I could feel their concept "Lodge-like" everywhere.The staff are young and very friendly. I'm excited staying this hotel again:) You can't miss their complimentary wine!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
sapporou, Front Staff Esma at UNWIND HOTEL & BAR SAPPORO, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Dear guests,

I would like to express our thanks on behalf of our staff for your stay at Unwind, and the time you took to write this review on TripAdvisor.

Having lived up to your expectations, we are very happy to hear that you had a 'beautiful stay'. These words mean a lot to us and our efforts, which have clearly paid off.

Thank you very much for your stay - we will be awaiting you with our complimentary welcome drinks and wine the next time as well!

Reviewed October 27, 2017

This is a non-compehensive basic review of my (3) night stay at Hotel Unwind. Came here per recommendation from YouTube. Very quaint, trendy hotel. Staff is super friendly. From my experience most were pretty fluent in English. Not a large hotel in comparison to others nearby and generally in the city, but that adds to it's charm. I booked a double room (which has a king size bed). Room is rather large by Japanese standards and would even be considered a bit more spacious than the average American hotel room. There was a large flat screen television, sofa and desk in my room. Dry bar with refrigerator, toaster oven and hot tea maker. There's a separate toilet room and shower room, which is a plus if you're traveling with 2 or more people. There's a small bar on the 10th floor with rooftop access. It's nice to have a glass of wine there outside on the roof deck in the chilly evening sky. Hotel is situated in a quiet area, just far enough away from the main city attractions. I walked to Odori park which wasn't very far, and it's in close vicinity to the Susukino area where all of the nightlife allegedly is. Overall, I'm very please with my stay there and would recommend it. Hotel is clean, bed was nice and comfy, free breakfast and in a quiet area. It's not a resort, but it was everything I needed for sleeping and showering and exploring the city. 5 stars for its class. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and future guests on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you chose for Unwind, and that your stay lived up to your expectations! Together with the whole team, we are constantly discussing and sharing our opinions on how we can improve our services for an even better stay for our guests. A five-star rating means very much to us! Thank you very much.

Thank you very much for your review, and I hope to see you soon again!