See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Place is new or newly renovated; great loc: walking distance from Kyoto Station, restos, convenience stores & a couple of malls; room size just right, friendly staff, wifi is strong, Onsen bath amenity!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
kyotohachijo, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Keihan Kyoto Hachijoguchi, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hotel Keihan Kyoto Hachijoguchi.
We are glad to have been of assistance to you during your travels.
We look forward to meeting you again in the future.

HOTEL KEIHAN KYOTO HACHIJOGUCHI YASUGI

Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

Excellent hotel to stay, close to kyoto station, within walking distance, feel brand new, service was so good. Easy to go around kyoto for everyone. Bed was comfortable too. Will definitely stay here again the next time we go to kyoto

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hotel Keihan Kyoto Hachijoguchi.
It means so much to us that you had a pleasant stay.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to you for your extremely high praise of our hotel and your words that were so encouraging towards our staff.
We will keep your comments in mind as we continue to devote ourselves to providing fastidious service.
Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Hotel Keihan Kyoto Hachijoguchi YASUGI

Reviewed April 1, 2019

I booked here hoping for a better quality hotel. The entrance and reception is half a block walk from the kerbside taxi drop off. When I finally got my room key I had to walk to Hirsohima to reach my room - ridiculous layout, Also all sliding doors open in different ways - centre, left or right - very annoying for the tired and weary traveller.

Upon requesting a room in the same time zone, I was moved to room227 nearer the lifts which was fine but at10pm at night it was something I could have done without. Unfortunately, the pillow in my room had pubic hairs on it, one towel had long black hair on it and using the room phone was a contortionists trick as the cord is only 10cm long and the phone is under a tea stand unit, Very frustrating.

Returning the next evening after a long day sightseeing I had 2 room keys that did not work, and when the receptionist accompanied me to my room the third time I went, the two keys she had did not work "Sorry, new keys" was the response. Absolutely pathetic in a supposedly good hotel. Kyoto hotels have a lot to learn about customer service and providing the basics such as clean linen with pubic hair and key cards that actually work, Stay elsewhere is my advice. Even try AirBnB which I looked at and found most reviews more than favourable,.

Room tip: one near lifts not near Hiroshima!
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
kyotohachijo, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Keihan Kyoto Hachijoguchi, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

This time thank you for staying at Hotel Keihan Kyoto Hachijoguchi.
Even though I chose this hotel, I was sorry that I had cleaning problems.
I am sorry that there is a defect of the key together, too.
There is only one room elevator, and the only way back is in the corridors.
We think that it is troublesome, but I would like understanding and cooperation.
Thank you for your valuable opinion.

Assistant Manager Kamada

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is situated close to the train station and has plenty of restaurants and convenience stores nearby.
We booked through booking.com and although they did advise there is a tax we feel they should have said what percentage.
There are staff at reception but they want you to do a self check in.
We found the beds were comfortable but the pillows were not. There is no top sheet so we set the air conditioning colder but each night it goes off so we wake up hot during the night.
We understand that this hotel does not have many westerners staying but it would be helpful if there were instructions in English advising how the tv works etc . as the only channel in English (CNN) had Japanese speaking over the channel.
The breakfast was a disappointment and we would not recommend. We arrived 45 minutes before breakfast finished but a lot of food had been depleted. The scrambled eggs were inedible (way too under cooked)not much choice for a westerner.
The rooms were clean and the bathroom had a deep bath.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bazzawa

This time thank you for staying at Hotel Keihan Kyoto Hachijoguchi.
There is an accommodation tax in Kyoto City.It is not included in the pack price.
It costs 200 yen per person per night.
Check-in and check-out are done by machine.
Insert a card into the key rack at the entrance of the room to turn on the room.
Conversely, if you unplug it, the power supply of the air conditioner will also disappear.
The operation of those can be operated from the tablet on the bedboard.
We had trouble with breakfast. I am terribly sorry.

Thank you for posting.

Assistant Manager Kamada

Reviewed March 7, 2019

This hotel newly opened last December. Of course room is clean, and large compared with Japanese standard. Location is good close to Kyoto station. Additionally, there is a large common bath on the first floor. We enjoyable stay in Kyoto.We will again stay in near feature.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hotel Keihan Kyoto Grande.

Could you take a rest slowly?
You can heal your tiredness in the public bath.
When you come to Kyoto, please use our hotel.

Assistant manager KAMADA