All reviews north tower guest lounge nishiki market great location shopping arcade shops and restaurants western food bath salts toilet separate keihan railway pedestrian street hotel is located sliding door covered market room size free coffee wet room
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2019

This is a good central location to be based in Kyoto, and easy to walk from here to many areas of interest within about 15-20 minutes. You can also hop on a bus very easily to get to the Silver or Golden Pagodas, temples and all the gorgeous gardens. Taxis dropped us off or collected us within a short distance from the hotel even though it is situated within a shopping centre.

The room and bed was really comfortable. We were in the North block and found the room and bathroom big enough for us. Our friends had baths every night as bathtubs are unusual to find in their country, so they really enjoyed the experience.

The Shiseido face wash was much appreciated and the fridge meant we could grab drinks and even a salad from the amazing food markets. Food was gorgeous generally, but I craved green salads which was easy to find in the food hall at the department store.

We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel, as there is a Tully’s immediately opposite and a Starbucks round the corner for coffee in the mornings. The hotel provides tea and coffee in the room and mineral water every day.

I would definitely recommend

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed May 5, 2019

The hotel has 2 wings north and south. We were in the south wind which is newer. The room was good size for Japan and very clean. I would comment that there could have been an additional hook or two for hanging things as there were not many hangers in our room. That being said the breakfast was both Western and Japanese and good for adults but probably if I was traveling with kids I'd opt for going out to Tullys or MacDonald. Tullys is next door and MacDonalds is an easy short walk.

The hotel is right on Terremachi street which is great shopping but can be a budget buster as there are many things to tempt you.

Also I missed the arrival transport issue when reviewing our reservation. Hotel is in a pedestrian street so cab cannot bring you to door. Our cab dropped us several blocks away and we had to haul luggage. Be sure to get exact drop point for hotel sent to you before arrival so cab brings you close (2 blocks).

I'd definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank voyager52
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

We are stayed in the South Tower for 6 nights as a family and our family stayed in the North Tower. We loved the room, it wasn't huge but it was so clean and worked well for our family.
We didn't have breakfast as we figured for $60 aud+ it wasn't worth it. We probably should have tried but with Tully's next door we just had pancakes.
Front desk staff were so kind. They gave our kids a little care package of slippers, face cloth, tooth brush and stickers. Only small but it meant a lot to them.
It's often the small things that make your stay that much better.
Location wise so many shops, restaurants and two train stations near by. Perfect.
From Kyoto station we used a taxi, not worth all the stops to get here when first arriving.
In Kyoto again, I would only go to hotel gracery... And yes I've stayed at another hotel 150m away.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2019 via mobile

I visited as a group attending a meeting so I cannot comment on the price. I stayed in the south tower and my room was immaculate, brand new and reasonably spacious for Japan. The hotel is the most high tech I’ve ever seen in Japan or Asia actually. There is a robot concierge, machine for self checkout and I love the lift that you use your keycard to tap then your floor number is automatically pushed. A full breakfast buffet was available in the south tower and was excellent with lots of fresh fruit and veggies. The breakfast room was quite small so be prepared to wait for an available table. Cars cannot drive up to the hotel so our private van dropped us off and we walked 5-10min (mostly covered) to the hotel. The hotel is surrounded by a covered walkway that is the Teramachi shopping arcade. Loads of restaurants and food stalls, coffee shops, shopping nearby. I will definitely return with my kids although I have to figure how to commute from Kyoto station (it seemed a bit far). The north tower appeared older to me. There is a lounge in the north tower that provides all-day complimentary coffee.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2019

Location of this hotel is fantastic, situated within a shopping mall full of shops, cafes and restaurants. Also within walking distance to local subway and bus stations. Very friendly staff. We were fortunate to have received assistance from the French lady (Trainee named Marion) and the Korean Receptionist Ms Kim. They helped us to reach various attractions in Kyoto via public transport. Also recommended a super nice fresh/vegetarian restaurant in the mall.
Will definitely recommend visitors to Kyoto to stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2019