Tripadvisor

from $60.55
from $92.22
from $46.11
More Info
All reviews beautiful experience once in a lifetime japanese culture step by step take pictures highly recommend this experience explained everything authentic experience learning experience hair ritual yuri kyoto customs photos master tradition
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There’s a reason this is rated as the #1 tea ceremony venue in Japan, and it certainly is! Don’t look around to any other company if you want a tea ceremony with a real geisha!

You’ll see that there are a few tea ceremony options, and one of it is a private tea ceremony. If you want a personal experience, I highly recommend the private ceremony. The private ceremony has the following included:

- Firstly, it only you and your partner, the geisha and a translator. We had Emily and she was GREAT!
- You star with the geisha showing you how to make matcha tea. She then comes over to help you make tea.
- There’s lots of time made for one on one questions with the geisha which was very special.
- The geisha does a dance which was also great.
- You then take some pics with her and that’s where it ends.
- Time flies so quickly as it’s a great experience.

This was by far THE BEST experience we had in Japan.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We attended to the tea ceremony at Maikoya Garden Kyoto. It was by far the best moment we had in Japan. The team was absolutely adorable, they took care of us and responded to all our questions. The provided kimonos were beautiful and we could take as many pictures as we wanted (during and after the ceremony). The tea was very good. I recommend without any hesitation!

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

We were part of the Kimono and Tea Ceremony. When you arrive you are pleased to remove your shoes and wear the traditional japanese socks. Afterwards you can choose a kimono from a very big selection and the very friendly women help you to put it on and even make your hair! Afterwords you can enjoy the beautiful, silent tea ceremony. They explain how and why the do ceremonies like these. I’s a very nice and unique experience. Afterwards you have plenty of time to take photos as well.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Found it by accident and to my surprise was really close to my location. The staff are super friendly and welcoming when I arrived I was a bit lost but excited of the idea to dress in a Kimono.
I saw so many beautiful kimono's to choose from that it was hard for me to pick just one. There a glam area, where you can style yourself and the stylist will help as well. But there was not much to style for me, because of my Afro, but I got help picking up the flowers to adorn my hair and after a simple lipstick, this lovely stylist made such a beautiful bow on the spot that I was amazed with her creativity. I felt like an Afro Geiko. Then she took some pictures in this beautiful background that they have.
I loved every single moment of it and was sad when it ended.

I even had the chance to experience a private tea ceremony with Maiko san Geiko. She is so beautiful. After the dance and the tea ceremony that Maiko san prepared, we had a traditional pastry with green tea (that we whisked) and then asked her questions. Even though she didn't spoke in English, I liked even better when she was answering in Japonese when translated. Every moment was so mindful. Truly experience part of the culture.
It was very interesting to learn about being a Geiko in modern days and the customs. If I get a chance I will come back.

Everyone were so kind and nice, that just made want to learn even more about the Japonese culture and made my experience unforgettable. It's definitely an experience to give it a go and leave with great memories.

Date of experience: December 2019
planning920, Director of Sales at Kimono Tea Ceremony Maikoya Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind comment! We are happy that you enjoy the tea ceremony and Kimono exeriences. We are proud of our staff. They are all friendly and proffesional.
We are looking forward to see you again. Thank you very much!

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

Great for families and friends, the activities are guaranteed for fun regardless of the participant. In addition to fantastic service, the atmosphere was therapeutic and cohesive. Would definitely come back to try again sometime

Date of experience: January 2020
planning920, Director of Sales at Kimono Tea Ceremony Maikoya Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2020

Thanks for visiting us. We are happy that you enjoy the tea ceremony with us. Thank you very much!