Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $22.67
from $49.12
from $22.67
More Info
All reviews beautiful experience highly recommend this experience casual clothes hosts were lovely hair style japanese culture once in a lifetime step by step take pictures great cultural experience explained everything authentic experience learning experience a lot of fun rainy day ritual yuri
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2019

I have nothing to say apart from that the ceremony was absolutely wonderful. The hostess was very friendly, made everybody feel very welcome, spoke very good English and made multiple jokes. She has explained the philosophy and the ritual of tea ceremony, which followed by beautiful performance. We have also gotten to make our own matcha, have been explained how to correctly prepare and drink the tea.
The experience was absolutely beautiful, can not recommend enough especially when visiting a captured capital of matcha :)

Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

I came with my partner to see a tea ceremony, which was really lovely. The meaning behind each step being explained well and there were nice opportunities for photos, highly recommended!

Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

I was here by myself, I thought it would be awkward and felt left out, but the host took care of me and the rest of the group very well. I enjoyed every minute of learning sadou with our host, would definitely recommend to my friends and fellow solo-travelers.

Reviewed June 22, 2019

This was a fabulous experience with my friends while visiting Kyoto. Wearing the traditional Kimono and learning about the tea ceremony was the highlight of my trip to Japan. Definitely this is a must do experience!

Reviewed June 22, 2019

Booked for the tea ceremony whilst wearing kimonos. Had a fantastic time. Our host explained clearly each part of the ceremony and answered all our questions after. It was amazing to see the elegance and precision that comes with the concentration of hosting in this Japanese tradition.
We would highly recommend this to anyone who visits Kyoto and Japan.
Thankyou so much!