1,546 results
All reviews shuttle bus shuttle service train tracks nespresso machine revolving restaurant executive floor indoor pool runs every minutes large hotel aeon mall laura ashley breakfast buffet rooms are nice good size minute walk japan standards stayed for nights
Reviewed September 16, 2018

The checking in was very smooth and the staff well trained. The room was great and the breakfast was even greater. The hotel had a courtesy vehicle running every 15 minuets. I recommend this hotel to anyone

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank aruni b
Explorer810241, sb at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

We truly appreciate your kind words, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed speedy check-in and our complimentary shuttle bus. During your next visit, feel free to consult with our concierge, who can assist you in planning your daily itinerary so that you can make the most out of your time in Kyoto.

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in premier rooms. The rooms are surprisingly roomy ... definitely much bigger than our hotel room in Tokyo. Out rooms definitely looked updated so its nice. Breakfast buffet is amazing and has lots of varieties from Japanese to western. However at times you have to wait for 15-20 mins to get into the restaurant so if you are limited by time, you will to account for the wait time as well. Fortunately we were on vacation so we can wait and not in hurry but I can definitely see frustration if you are on a schedule. Check in and out are pretty painful. I have never seen such inefficient and ineffective checking in/out process. I am a frequent traveler and is just shocking. Shuttle driver is so nice and over worked. The hotel should really get a second shuttle because majority of people who stayed here uses the shuttle. The poor guy has to log luggage and then get people onboard. It can get messy. At times we just wait for the next one because it just not worth getting into arguments with folks who do not follow rules or common curtesy. The hotel has lots of restaurants so if you do not want to go out, you can stayed in and eat. Very pricy but good food.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank JJT888

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the size of the room, buffet breakfast, and easy access to Kyoto Station via our complimentary shuttle bus, we are terribly sorry for the delay in check-in and check-out, as well as the wait for breakfast. During high seasons of tourism, the buffet may become overcrowded between 8:00-9:00AM, so our staff try to advise that guests arrive a little before to avoid the possible wait. Nevertheless, we apologize again for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve our facilities and services.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

The title says it all. We stayed 2 nights in Rhiga Royal and had a terrible experience. First night, we came back to our room and almost slipped and fell on a huge puddle of water that had leaked from the hot water pipe in the bathroom sink. My partner rang front desk and tried to tell the guy about water leakage in the bathroom but he had no idea what the words "water leaking, water on floor" meant. I understand that English is not commonly spoken in Japan but it is quite frankly embarrassing that a hotel front desk staff cannot even understand basic English words and phrases. They finally got a staff to our room to inspect the problem and the plumber came to fix the tap, which took a good 2 hours, in which time they tried to move us to an even smaller room (we downright refused). There was no offer of discount for the inconvenience and near accident at check out, just lots of cheap words "so sorry's" as a previous reviewer had said. Awful awful service and really poor maintenance of guest rooms.

Don't expect to get a good night's sleep in this hotel as the walls seem to be made of paper - you can hear distinct conversations from 2 rooms away. Our second night, there was someone running up and down the corridor on the floor above for what seemed like an hour and kept us awake. Didn't bother calling front desk as it would have been more painful attempting to communicate a complaint than it is to put up with it.

Don't be fooled by the seemingly close proximity to Kyoto station on Google maps - it's not!!! It's a good 10min walk and if you have luggage, it's even longer to wheel it. The only redeeming factor is the hotel shuttle bus that takes you to the central entrance of the station.

This hotel really tainted our experience of Kyoto which was a shame as the city itself is beautiful and so culturally rich. We will 100% never return to this hotel and I recommend you search elsewhere and don't waste your money staying here!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy W
Explorer810241, sb at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

We deeply apologize for inconvenience regarding the leaky pipe and the miscomunication with the front desk staff. In addition, we are also terribly sorry to hear that you were disturbed by neighboring rooms. Again, we appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve our facilities and services.

If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have enjoyed.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Excellent buffet breakfast. Small but very comfortable room. Plenty of restaurants in the hotel. Nice toiletries. Free WiFi in room. Very accommodating front desk, bell hop, chambermaid, and all friendly workers. If we return to Kyoto, we would have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: A high floor no smoking room.
Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Retired_Miami
Explorer810241, sb at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!

We are truly humbled by such high praise and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast and that you found the staff to be very hospitable. During your next visit, feel free to try one of our other in-house restaurants, including Kouka Ryuho, our Chinese restaurant that offers a variety of exotic dishes.

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

We were obviously exhausted when we arrived - in the evening, after traveling 22 hrs. So when I told the clerk at check-in that we needed to change our departure date to one day earlier, and he told me he was unable to do that, and that I should "go have a seat and wait" while he found someone in reservations, I was shocked. Never before I have I been given a hassle about changing the departure date, if I inform a hotel before check in. The clerk refused to issue a key until he could do whatever bureaucracy he wanted to do. My wife was loosing it due to exhaustion and the thwarted prospect of sleep. Eventually the clerk relented and let us use the room we had reserved.

We were given one of the older darkly furnished rooms, so the next day, after I made a further complaint at the desk, I was able to get upgraded to a newer room which was nicer.

However, aside from my unpleasant experience with check-in, prospective visitors need to be warned that the wifi is abysmal and the lighting in the room is really dim, it's a good thing I know where my face is or I wouldn't have been able to shave. The bed linen is very rough and coarse.

I didn't try the restaurant because after the shoddy treatment I was given at check-in I didn't want to give them any more business.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jhstathis
お客様サービス担当支配人, sb at RIHGA Royal Hotel Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Guest,

First, we would like to offer our sincerest apologies that the staff behaved unfriendly or unwelcoming. Although you were provided with a different room, we are also terribly sorry for the poor lighting. Finally, we deeply apologize for the poor Wi-Fi service. Please know that we are working to improve this issue, so we hope to welcome you back in the future with faster, stronger internet service.