1,275 results
All reviews amber court nishiki food market nice hotel large bathroom bath and shower nespresso machine breakfast was excellent good size walking distance traditional hotel called the front desk the hotel staff major attractions shopping area air purifier a short taxi ride underground station
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2019

I really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Nikko Princess. The staff were all helpful, friendly and had amazing service. My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and were simply amazed with the room size and bathroom size. It was huge compared to standard Japanese hotels. The bathroom was simply amazing, after a hard day's worth of walking and sightseeing, you can relax in the hot tub and soak your feet in salted bathwater, you will be refreshed right after. Hotel Nikko had a classic western to the hotel so it was also an added bonus to the overall theme (keys were traditional and not the modern card key). I also notice that most of the guests here were local Japanese people. Normally if you want to enjoy the local luxury lifestyle you simply have to experience places that have more local visitors than foreign visitors. The Nespresso machines in the room were also an added bonus. I would also like to comment on the tap water of this hotel which simply clean and very delicious to drink. I know most Japan have very clean tap water but Nikko's tap water was just different and refreshing and they are proud of this since they had brochures in the room. Make sure to bring your reusable water bottles. I was very lucky to catch a good deal for this hotel and I felt that I got way more than what I paid for. The location is also quite convenient since it is about 5-10 minute walk to the Karasuma Subway and bus stops. Overall we were very happy with our stay here.

Room tip: You can request for a quiet room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank zandytan168
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Gorgeously opulent hotel, which although not particularly central is still in a really good location.

There is a metro station just around the corner, but it’s also a pleasant walk from Kyoto’s main sightseeing area.

My room was incredibly spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was also very good.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Amazing hotel in every sense... loved the facilities they have. It’s just that it’s not on the main road... but a walking distance to the main road n shopping area. I especially loved the toiletries they provided.the hotel staff is courteous.
Instagram @travel.sojourn

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2019

This hotel is very centrally located but in a quieter street. It has a slightly old fashioned grandeur about it. With nice big bedrooms containing a safe, coffee machine, kettle and very well equipped bathroom.

Reviewed February 16, 2019

Nice rooms but location was in the business area. If you are visiting Kyoto for pleasure - book elsewhere where there are more restaurants, night life, etc. Breakfast doesn't start until 7! Way too late to get a good jump on your day or if you are catching a train to Nara or somewhere else. 6 am would be a better start time.

Date of stay: February 2019
nikkoprincesskyoto, 支配人 at Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2019

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto.

I am glad to hear that you liked the room. Although our location is ideal for most of the leisure travelers, short walk to bus and subway station and shopping and eating areas, I am sorry to know that it did not meet your expectations.
I truly appreciate your comments on breakfast which surely helps us to improve our service.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.