All reviews kaiseki dinner ryokan experience japanese breakfast public bath tofu room suite gracious hospitality provided yukatas kyoto station shabu shabu brought tea beautifully presented and delicious sit on the floor our honeymoon amazing ryokan highly recommend staying here two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Stayed there with my family for 4 days. We had the best days of our Kyoto trip because of our stay in this Ryokan. Shabu dinner was unforgettable - so much meat and local, fresh vegetables. We bought apples and the staff cut it up so beautifully! It was New Year’s Eve and they served us special cakes. Simply amazing place & people experience. I’d go back there again n again!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank pentipu
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Less than 5 minute walk from Kyoto train station. Couldn't be any more convenient. The hospitality was the best I've ever experienced. As soon as you arrive, they make you feel immediately at home. You are welcomed with tea and a traditional sweet. Everything - from the lobby floors to the room to the onsen and shared bathrooms are super clean! The onsen (hot tub) is perfect for the weary traveler to soak in and relax tired legs. Make sure you try the breakfast in the morning - traditional Japanese breakfast. It will keep you full and charged for a long day of touring all that Kyoto has to offer. If you want a traditional ryokan (Japanese guest house) experience within walking distance from the train station in a great part of town and at reasonable prices, look no further. I will definitely go back and stay here again!

Room tip: I recommend a room on the second floor. Get the breakfast included option. No need to pay extra for a room with a private bathroom.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Keira M
Reviewed August 25, 2018

We stayed in Ohanabo for 2 nights while in Kyoto. We had a great time-the room was spotless, breakfast was very traditional and delicious. Most of all the two female owners were amazing! They were so friendly and helpful. They greeted us every time we returned, helped us navigate the city, and even drove us in their personal minivan to our next hotel, just because they thought the walk would be too long for us. I was truly touched by the hospitality, they clearly love doing what they do, and make their guests feel truly welcome. I'd highly recommend staying here for a traditional ryokan experience with amazing staff.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Is a family owned ryokan. Best location (walking distance to Kyoto station),best hospitality and breakfast. At first I had this uncertain feeling to stay at a traditional Japanese style hotel with public baths, but they made me feel so welcome and their public baths are very clean. Highly recommended ryokan! Thank you for making our Kyoto’s trip a very memorable one.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed a night here during our honeymoon. You are greeted with smiles and gracious hospitality from the moment you step through the doors, with every individual working being so kind. Absolutely add the breakfast for the next morning and make time to enjoy a soak in the onsen! Spacious rooms. No shoes inside, so I would recommend bringing socks if walking on the tatami floors will bother you at all. Also, for any westerners reading this review - yes, you use the onsen without a swim suit ;) But don’t worry - men and women are separated and other Japanese guests won’t think twice about it.

This ryokan is easy to get to from Kyoto Station, but is a little far from Gion and a few of the more traditional areas. Normally not a huge concern for us, but it was incredibly hot while we were there. I wouldn’t let that stop you from booking, but it’s good to know ahead of time! Plan on a 30-min walk or using public transit.

Date of stay: August 2018