All reviews rooftop bar boutique hotel nespresso machine imperial palace sitting area jacuzzi bath huge bed executive suite room number bose sound system free standing bath dim lighting black walls nearby metro really enjoyed our stay here hotel is fantastic excellent breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

We had the executive suite and it was a very pleasant stay. The neighborhood is very quiet and a pleasure to walk around in. There is easy access to the palace and a subway station is nearby. The best part was the friendly service.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2018

We had a 3 night stay at the screen. I was very disappointed when we first arrived a very small reception area, a small lounge on the floor below. Our bedroom was a good size in white I believe other rooms are in black. The public areas are black. The breakfasts are served no buffet, which I missed. I did not want a juice and asked for sparkling water instead, which I was charged £5 for. This hotel was not somewhere I would care to stay.

Room tip: Only choose a white room
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is quite western and not at all like a ryokan. It’s a small boutique hotel with excellent service. The Japanese breakfast was lovely. The room was dark with no windows or view and oddly designed. Located near the imperial palace but not close to town.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanellaE
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Although we had a great stay, I'm reviewing this hotel to share my feelings. This hotel is not for everyone, it was 15 mins away from the heart of the city. This was meant to be a boutique hotel with a Japanese touch, there was no Japanese touch, the hotel was just western with dated furniture and no character. We stayed in the Executive suite which was the highest category room. It had tiled walls around the room, I thought that was quite strange as it looked like a bathroom. It was very cold in Kyoto as we went in February so If one was planning a trip around that time, I would recommend to get a hotel with good facilities incase one decided to spend some days indoor. Other than the design and decor, the hotel charged us for the bikes, which we thought was part of the hotel facilities. Anyways all in all, we had a good experience as we spent a lot of time outside. The staff were polite.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sawa8
Reviewed January 25, 2018

This is a very small, boutique hotel with a modern facade and lobby and "interesting" rooms. The front desk staff speaks excellent English and was very helpful in helping us navigate Kyoto.

Our room was a larger "suite" on the top floor. The room was very large, with a sitting area, many windows, flat screen TV (but no English channels!), and a Bose sound system, and in-room refrigerator. There is a large walk-in closet but no dressers or luggage stands, so it was difficult to access our clothing. The room was clean but not particularly comfortable.

An excellent breakfast is available in the their restaurant, if ordered in advance. However, the restaurant was typically closed. We hoped to dine there one evening, but told it was closed for a private event.

It is in a good location - across from a shrine and within walking distance of many restaurants and shops to the east and south. A taxi is needed to access the main shrines and tourist sites.

Overall, an ok experience.

Room tip: The corner suite on the top floor was spacious and nice windows facing north and east.
Date of stay: December 2017