“Great brunch!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Three Little Ducks
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Bellerive
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Great breakfast menu.
Pity it's not an all day option!
Poached eggs tomatoes and smashed avocado was the best.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Hobart, Australia
“Will need a second bite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

First experience - service below average, food average.
They wouldn't toast a sandwich for my elderly Dad, only food from menu.
When you're recently back from the States, where service revolves around the customer, that kind of knock back didn't feel good.
I have heard better reports from others so will have to try again.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Sunnitime
Hobart, Australia
“Service lets the restaurant down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Today my friend and I slipped into Bellerive for a coffee and cake to warm us up. The restaurant had four tables taken in the dining room, but the rest of the tables were vacant. in the coffee area in the front, there was only two seats left, and those two seats were very low to the ground. I explained that my friend needed to sit on a higher chair as she had a hip problem, and asked if we could possibly sit in the meals area as we would only be there ten minutes as we didn't have much time. The fellow told us we could definitely not sit in the meals area if we were only having coffee and cake, and if my friend had a hip problem and couldn't sit on a low chair, then she should sit outside!!!! It was freezing and we are not young!Are you kidding me? ..... what kind of service is that! I wouldn't have minded if the restaurant was nearly full but all but 4 tables were available. We ended up buying a breakfast so we could sit on the higher chairs but we wont go back there again!! Ever!

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Taj940
“Meals came out cold!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went here for tea last month after friend recommended it. I have dropped in for a takeaway coffee before and there breakfasts always look amazing. The night we went there was the Bellerive Regatta out the front so the place was busy. Unfortunately this led to poor service - the girl that served us actually appeared grumpy at us! She also didn't tell us the specials, we only discovered they actually had specials when we overheard her telling another table after we had already ordered. Our entrees were quite nice and came out relatively quick, but we waited an extended time for our mains. When they finally arrived the steamed veggies on the plate were cold, and the steak luke warm. We were so hungry we ate some of it then when they finally came round to check on us we advised them, and they did offer to take them back but by that stage we were past the point of wanting the meal. We certainly wont rush back to this place for dinner, may check out breakfast but will make sure its on a quiet day!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank LabRat23
Deviot, Tasmania, Australia
“Aeroplane food?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had quite a pleasant lunch alone one day so decided this would be a nice place to go with my husband. I called and booked table 10 - a table by the window overlooking the yachts.
On our arrival we were told that we were "assigned table 15", which is in the middle of the restaurant. When I stated that I had booked table 10, was told they don't take specific table bookings. I suggested that I could have been told this at the time of booking.
We ordered our meal - eye fillet with pepper sauce.
It came out and looked just like bad aeroplane food: roast potatoes that looked and tasted as they had been in a bain marie for two days (this is the time of year with beautiful new potatoes); the broccoli wasn't too bad, but the meat and accompanying sauce were inedible. I couldn't decide if the meat was 'off" or if it was the gloopy brown sauce. I suggested my husband try it and he agreed - the meat was off.
Then guess what? a foursome walked in and was to be seated at a table. When they inquired about the empty table for four at the window, were told - you guessed it! "That table is reserved"!!!!
We payed for one meal not two.
Consistency in good quality food and service is paramount for a restaurant to be successful, the 3 Little Ducks lacked both.

• Visited January 2013