“a perfect visit”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

janet_boo...
nerja
“a perfect visit”
Reviewed December 25, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

I came as a guest for Christmas dinner and I have to say I was jealous! What an incredible setting and views, mountains valleys and even the sea in the distance. Accessible by surfaced roads or tracks the entire way, a wonderful covered terrace where we had Christmas dinner, a hot tub, pet friendly, and the most hospitable owners. For anyone wanting a piece of authentic rural Spain but within a relatively short drive to major towns or the coast ( mostly around an hour) a perfect choice; Comares itself is a steep but shortish walk away. Bread and fish for instance come by regular van delivery so you needn't worry about the lack of a corner shop but don't expect anything other than home made nightlife, this is the best of authentic Spain.

Dec 26, 2017
We are glad you enjoyed Christmas with us and hope we see you again. Thank you Jane and Luc
Shokat A
“Mr”
Reviewed November 19, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Brilliant place to stay. Gets u connected to the simple things. Excellent hosts magnificent views. All you need for a self catered basis. Could do with the toilet in a separate room to the shower but that a minor detail.

Jan134
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Perfect retreat”
Reviewed October 1, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Review #19703606 “Traditional Andalucian Cortijo”
BLOWN AWAY BY THIS PERFECT RETREAT 6th – 20th September 2017 5 out of 5

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This holiday was the best experience my wife and I have had in Spain ever. As seasoned travellers to Spain and having lived in Spain we thought we knew what to expect, how wrong we were, it was above and beyond all expectations.

Where to start.
Let’s start with the owners who without them this experience would not be possible. Jane and Luc were perfect hosts, nothing was too much trouble, the plunge pool was cleaned daily early in the mornings, they were on hand if you had any issues as they live next door yet you could go for days without seeing anyone. Jane, Luc thank you.

The journey to Casa de Pepe was an hour from the airport 70% on Duel carriageway and A roads the climb into the mountain was thrilling, my wife has a different words for it but she does have a problem with heights. Casa de Pepe is pinned on google maps so a smart phone will take you to the door, however my phone stopped working luckily I had printed of the route beforehand with my wife navigating we got to within 100yds before we had to make the phone call!...

The property its self was fantastic with plenty of room with all the facilities you needed, everything was in working order and clean, with two outstanding sun terraces and one shaded area it was perfect to take in the breath taking views that seemed to change every morning. The plunge pool was more than enough to cool off as temperatures touched 50° and the water temperature hovered between 24° and 28°. It made that evening dip with a glass of something rather special too.

We had fresh bread delivered every day and fresh fish three times a week, some of the freshest sardines and squid you will ever likely to eat.

When we did venture to the local village of Comares it’s was so clean and well kept, and not as touristy as other Moorish villages we had visited.

I could go on and on but you should go and visit to find your real Spain experience.
Michelle & Andy
Swansea

Oct 1, 2017
Thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to meet you both and hope we'll see you soon
sabinavre...
Dorset, United Kingdom
“A lovely villa in a stunning location.”
Reviewed June 6, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Casa de Pepe is a lovely villa, set in an idyllic location and perfect for anyone wanting to 'get away from it all'. Due to the relatively secluded hamlet where it is situated, a hire car is a must and is worth it to explore the local area. The pretty neighbouring village of Comares and the coastal resort of Torre del Mar are highly recommended!
Casa de Pepe itself is very comfy, well appointed and had all the facilities needed for self catering. It's outside space was its best asset, with a great open top balcony and a shaded lower veranda. There was plenty of outdoor seating and some sun loungers and a great plunge pool to cool off on the very hot days. All this overlooked the most stunning mountain views with the sea in the distance - and oh so peaceful and quiet!
I highly recommend Casa de Pepe for a wonderful and relaxing holiday. Thank you so much Jane & Luc for being such friendly, helpful hosts and I can't wait to visit again!

Your age range 50-64
Jun 9, 2017
Thank you. It was lovely to meet you and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. It would be great to see you again. Jane and Luc
Jan134
Norwich, United Kingdom
“And relax .....”
Reviewed May 5, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We have just returned from a week at Casa de Pepe. Unfortunately it rained the first few days but there were board games and dvd's to pass the time, still warm enough to sit under the covered terrace for a meal though.
Once the sun shone we made good use of the terraces and the pool. The views are breathtaking, and it's so peaceful, we even had the swallows nesting right beside us.
Comares itself has several bars and restaurants, all friendly and good value.
Jane and Luc gave us all the information we needed and a great welcome pack. This property is highly recommended

744pablos
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Heaven on Earth :)”
Reviewed November 7, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I cannot thank Jane and Luc enough for their hospitality during my three days at their guest house.
A perfect retreat to relax and take in the breathtaking views that Spain never fails to deliver. It did not stop there in the evening it is a star gazers paradise I spent so long marveling at the the different constellations I went to bed with a bit of a sore neck ! no wonder Luc has a telescope :)

On arrival at Casa de Pepe you are under no illusion that you are in the real Spain, surrounded with mountains full of olive trees and grape vines with just just the sound of birds and the odd tractor for your soundtrack I was looking forward to chilling out and drinking some good rioja.

The guest house is very comfortable with a Choice of a double bedroom or twin as well as the upstairs sofa bed as I was travelling on my own I of course opted for the double :) there is a few steep steps upto the bedroom from the dining room so not great if you are not able bodied but very comfortable and private all the same.

The kitchen has everything you need including a dishwasher, washing machine, and the usual cooker fridge etc and all pots and pans making it a very practical self catering holiday.

The thing that hits you the most are the stunning views from both terraces to wake up to these unobstructed views each morning is worth the nightly fee on its own let alone the pool and the tranquility.

I hired a car from Malaga airport and it took me a leisurely 1 hr and 15 mins to get to the nearby village of Comares A delightful old town steeped in history I spent most of my second day here.Once arrived Luc met me and guided me down to the guest house which is 10 mins from the center. The welcome pack including beer was much appreciated and I quickly settled in to my accommodation.You do need to be dof friendly as they greeted us upon my arrival fortunately I love dogs and each one is adorable and wanted to make room in my suitcase for at least one. The guset house is quite private and safe and you are left alone to do your own thing but if you need anything at all Jane and Luc are on hand to help.

Overall an excellent stay and will definitely be going back.

Thank you Jane and luc for a lovely stay see you soon, xx

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the views, the location and the hospitality
Liked least: nothing.
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 8, 2016
Thank you Paul. It was lovely to meet you and hope to see you again. Jane and Luc x
Grace1606
“Review”
Reviewed November 2, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Amazing views, truly relaxing. Owners were very welcoming, 5 star service. Accommodation was lovely. Would definitely recommend. Will be going back as soon as I can.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing