Diva Espana
  • Breakfast included
Lo Vela Zen(Comares)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsour honeymoonself catering apartmentwonderful foodcool downheavenhostsviewsgranada
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have just returned from our 7th visit to this amazing place.
The setting is beautiful and Kathy and Linda do all they can to make it a really relaxing holiday.
Kathy's food is excellent and is served up in style by Linda.
We will definately be going again and again ...

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent but we always have the apartment for the extra space.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I think there's something magical about this place. We arrived on a drizzly, cool evening (very untypical) but the warmth of the welcome was the start of our transportation to a week of profound relaxation, fun and new friendships. Kathy and Linda are the ultimate hosts, helping you relax in exactly the way that suits you, creating an environment and atmosphere that's super-friendly and welcoming, without making any demands on you (other than to be served meal after meal of the most delicious cuisine magic-ed up by Diva Delicious). The place is absolutely beautiful with gorgeous views over hillsides and the valley, full of olive and almond groves, lemon and lime trees. There's lots of space so you can find your own spots, alone or with others. In fact, despite our initial plans to explore the area, Diva Espana was such a welcoming, relaxing, friendly place to be, we barely ventured out at all (although there are several villages worth visiting, as well as walks on the hillsides). Instead, we enjoyed meeting, getting to know and whipping up giggles with the 3 other wonderful women who were staying there - and there's video evidence of it all....;-) Spice and Duffy were very indulgent of my dog-loving attentions and I really recommend a massage with Julie to round off the feeling of being transported to another world. My only reservation in giving this place the shiniest 5 stars possible, is that we don't want it to get so popular that we can't book to return again and again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Within 3 days of returning from Diva Espana last week I booked my flights and accommodation to go back in September and I'm also planning another trip next year. Within one mouthful of the hostess Kathy's gourmet food I was rendered incapable of eating anywhere else locally and nothing has tasted the same since I got back. Within 5 mins of being on the massage table with their visiting therapist Julie I was putty and melted away the months of busyness that had gone before. Within 2 minutes of cuddling their dogs Duffy and Spice I wanted one. Within 30 secs of being on Nanyo the horse in a riding school just 2 mins down the road perched on the hillside with extensive mountain views I had booked another session - 2 days later I rode up to the top of a mountain and touched heaven in a heart that had forgotten how much I had loved horses. It's the sheer love and attention to detail from Kathy and Linda that's evident at every turn. It's a luxurious and nurturing experience that rebuilds you as much as the sun, the pool, the jacuzzi, the beautiful accomodation, glorious sunsets and beguiling mountains. Top that off with the fact you get to meet other women there who in my week were some of the most extraordinarily warm, creative and funny women I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Once you've laughed that much you're caught hook, line and sinker. So, if you really want my my advice, I'd say stay away...because you'll never find anything quite like it again.

Room Tip: I had the self catering Olive Grove apartment which has an extra area with a couch and TV where you can watching DVDs. Was also great to invite the other guests round for a night cap and a giggle. It's more expensive than the other rooms but the bed is super comfy so that does it for me. I saw the other rooms too and they are gorgeous so really I think I'd be happy in any of them plus they have another room open to everyone for watching films.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We followed winding roads high into the mountain side and reached a little oasis Diva Espana! Our hosts were very friendly, the accommodation pleasant with a terrace that gave way to beautiful views. The upper terrace,pool and jacuzzi gave us lots of choices in ways to relax.
I walked almost everyday - along roads and pathways through olive trees and the walk back from the nearest village Comares opens up the views even more. There is little traffic on the road so walking is safe. (Its a good idea to take a walking stick if like me you're a bit intimidated by dogs of which there are a few guarding their land, they're not dangerous just very loud barking!) - then back to Diva Espana for lunch al fresco and later dinner, both prepared by Kathy who is a fantastic cook. Every evening she served us beautifully prepared and tasteful food and their wine line is good too!. All in all a fantastic delightful experience. I highly recommend Diva Espana to all - especially my walking and 'gourmet eating' friends. A really wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AllInBlack
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is such a beautiful location for a boutique B&B but along with the location comes the most delicious and inventive food and warm hospitality - we had 5 days of rest, relaxation, walking, mooching and chilling out whilst enjoying delicious dinners - their wine list is pretty awesome also. The facilities are great....pool, terraces, hammocks amongst the olive groves, almonds and lemon trees

Definitely recommend Diva Espana and we look forward to our return visit

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple