Casa Granadina
Hotel Las Orquideas(Los Romanes)(Great Value!)
$71
$67
$134
$112
$96
$93
Hotel Rural Sierra Tejeda(Alcaucin)(Great Value!)
$85
$59
All reviewsspanish cottagerosiehostwalksvalleycountryside
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at Casa Ganadina last year and have stayed in touch with Rosie since. It is a beautiful place and you could not ask for someone better to host you. Don't hesitate to go to this little gem in the mountains. YOu will not be disappointed. Its a Dream:-)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Marion R
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at Casa Granadina for a long weekend as we were going to a friends wedding nearby. The house is about 40 minutes drive from Malaga airport and Rosie was kind enough to email the directions prior to our visit. Casa Granadina is in a quiet valley and to access it you need to drive through a dried river bed and along a road that cuts through a lemon orchard. The house has a few acres of land hosting fig trees, lemon trees, oranges. It's very quaint and quiet and if you are after the type of break, where you can just relax, get away from the stresses of day to day life and basically just chill out then it's the perfect place to stay. It's very rustic and quiet. Rosie had her Mum staying whilst we were there and they were both really nice to chat to and be around. The food was great, a decent breakfast of cheese, ham, fruit, yoghurt, cereal etc... Rosie made a lovely tapas on the Saturday and even printed out the recipes for us. The only negative (if you see it as one) is that you are very remote so you can't walk to a bar or restaurant, because there aren't any! That said you are only a 10 minute drive from Riogordo, a small town with restaurants, 20 minute drive from Comares, which is a town perched on top of a mountain with small alleys and wonderful views. If you're after a beach with loads of restaurants and bars then it's a 40 minute drive down to Velez Malaga, a much larger town.
So overall this is the perfect place to stay if you just want to relax, read a book, get away from it all and enjoy some good company with Rosie who is very easy going, helpful and most accomodating! We'll go back...

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We spent six nights in June and the weather was HOT.Rosie and her mother,Win,were in residence and made our stay very enjoyable.
We travelled up to Granada during our stay and stayed one night in the city.However the journey was easy and could be done in the day if required.
Rosie runs a very relaxed house and is never unable to provide advice,routes etc.The setting is rustic and apart from the various noises from the local wildlife is completely peaceful.
Rosie's cooking has been well chronicled in these reviews and we can only endorse those comments.Lots of fresh homegrown ingredients and beautifully prepared.Breakfasts were a treat with loads of choice and of course FRESH orange juice.
Explore the local area and spot turtles,snakes(small),frogs and lots more.You even get swallows sharing your o/s sitting area!!!!!!
Well worth a visit if you want to include some" get away from it all " time.
Thanks for a lovely time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My visit to Casa Granadina was a last minute, totally unplanned break. I have to say it was the best, most relaxing holiday I have had in many years. Our host Rosie was one of the most accomodating, friendly, easy going people I have ever met. Her hospitality is second to none. The accomodation is like home from home, a feeling of complete relaxation where all your worries and stresses vanish! I cannot recommend Casa Granadina and it's wonderful host Rosie, highly enough if you are looking for somewhere to switch of from the modern world, to discover the 'real Spain' and it's people. I shall be returning without any doubt.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I don't often return to the same location, just because there is so much world to see, but there is something very restful and welcoming about Casa Granadina that lured me back. I was not disappointed and have just returned from a week's stay much more relaxed than when I left. Going slightly earlier in the season made serious walking more practical and with a hire car, I found plenty of new places to explore. However it is also a great place to just chill and I whiled away a surprising amount of time watching the family of swallows nesting a few feet above our heads on the terrace.Rosie was as ever the perfect host, cook and font of all local knowledge, while also creating a very informal, homely atmosphere. I may even have to go back again!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo